Testers needed: Manjaro KDE massive cleanup/rename

Thanks for you hard work, I think the best choice for Manjaro official themes is to be directly based on Breeze because Breeze is well tested on many distros and it will be easy to update Breath themes after each addition in Breeze themes, and for now I think Breeze provides a way to customize the color theme which will make the task easier for Manjaro team and focus on other features.

Why did you removed that nice green icon theme, can you make a new green icon theme like the previous one? Make a new green Dolphin icon again, it look so nice!

Should the Yakuake entry from the autostart at boot list be removed automatically? I didn’t even know what it was, after the update the entry is still there even though the application does not exist.
I have removed it manually now that I know what it is, but maybe it should be transparent to the user. If it ends up being removed of course hehe.

BTW I am a developer and I have never ever used Yakuake before :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I don’t care if it is preinstalled or not as long as there is no dialog asking me to configure a shortcut for it the first time I boot into my system. Having it there is one thing, “forcing” users to configure it as one of the first things after installing Manjaro is way too much in my opinion.

Hi manjaro team

The new KDE theme looks amazing with very fluidic integration. Installation and transition was smooth. One issue i noticed is konsole background remained white inspite of me chosing a dark systemwide theme. Not a deal breaker by an means. I am deeply thankful for manjaro linux for their awesome work

1 Like

Our KDE patch for color support for File Manager and SySe is merged :partying_face: :partying_face:

No, existing installations are left untouched. Breaking a daily usage for existing users is not a part of our plan :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I did have to set the shortcut for Yakuake again after the update. I have always had it set to F12, and that information is set in my home directory. So something did touch my home directory. I also distinctly remember that a similar thing happened when the Breath theme was replaced by Breath2.

In addition to that ─ I don’t know yet whether this is an upstream bug or whether it’s a result of the update, because I haven’t had any confirmation from others yet ─ I can no longer change the splash screen. No matter what option I select, the Apply button remains greyed out.

First-Run dialog was configured to be skipped system-wide in /etc/xdg/yakuakerc.

This was a kconf_update routine which just changed your current settings from now non-existing Breath2 and Breath2 2021 to Breath. It was not a usual case.

Provide the contents of ~/.config/ksplashrc please.

[nx-74205:/dev/pts/3][/home/aragorn]
[13:58:17][aragorn] > cat  ~/.config/ksplashrc
[KSplash]
Theme=org.kde.breath.desktop

[nx-74205:/dev/pts/3][/home/aragorn]
[13:58:27][aragorn] > 

And another thing that’s weird ─ I’ve mentioned this on the Telegram mods chat… :arrow_down:

An installed system should never have “rc” added to its versioning. That’s for the .isos only.

So this is a leftover from some really old configuration it seems… I did not expect we have this :sweat_smile: Just remove ksplashrc and everything should work (I hope)

2 Likes

That did it, yes. :wink:

Thanks! :beers:

It could be too late but I’ve added them for kconf_update script.

2 Likes

What was the very recent update (which was pushed after the stable update) to the three packages (manjaro-kde-settings, sddm-breath-theme, plasma5-themes-breath) about?

Addressed SDDM theme issues mostly.

1 Like

I miss the “twilight” variant of Breath themes (Breath light but with dark window title backgrounds).
Applied “Breath light” global theme, went to “Colors” and tried to copy “Breath light” and just edit the active title background. For some reason it doesn’t work/stick. Baffles me, why that would not work (edit: found a bug report relating to this. Apparently the presence of Header colors is the culprit).

Ended up copying Breeze and setting “Selection Background”, “Focus Decoration” and “Hover Decoration” to Breath values.

Sure would be nice to have a “normal” Breath color theme with dark title backgrounds (like Breeze) besides the already existing “Breath light” and “Breath dark”.

It moved to Breath Classic, you can borrow theme from here colors/BreathClassic.colors ¡ classic ¡ Artwork / themes / Breath Theme ¡ GitLab

1 Like

Wow! I was so focused on payload actions, what did not realized when the [Testing Update] 2021-11-16 - KDE Frameworks, Cinnamon, Haskell, Thunderbird - #14 by alven issue with krusader icons was fixed.

Noted that only yesterday that it is good to read content type (folder / file) while surfing on storage, but seems to be it was fixed someday earlier and krusader got only sigle update of
[2021-11-28T07:09:43+0300] [ALPM] upgraded krusader-git (2.8.0.dev.r6379.g04e6286f-1 -> 2.8.0.dev.r6380.gdc589644-1)
for that period and it is not related to icons/colors

Now it is good (screenshot), Breeze dark theme

Thank you!

NO! :stuck_out_tongue:

pipewire is not sufficiently mature yet. It still has too many issues.

Patience, my friend...

Everything has its time

Pulseaudio also has too many issues tbh (even though it’s way more mature) so as a whole Linux multimedia stack.

P.S. Anyway in Manjaro it’s a matter of one meta-package installation.

1 Like

In konsole (and subsequently yakuake) the indicator shown on the left border of the window when “Highlight the lines coming into view” checkbox is ticked and text scrolles into view is in (inconsistent) blue rather than manjaro green.

screenshot

The blue indicator (bar) on the left side of that dark terminal background doesn’t fit in with Breath theming.
grafik