Testers needed: Manjaro KDE massive cleanup/rename

Something is coming...

ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ
ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ
ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ
ŠøŠ·Š¾Š±Ń€Š°Š¶ŠµŠ½ŠøŠµ

3 Likes

Do you have blur enabled in Konsole? I think itā€™s infamous ā€œkornersā€ bug.

Yeah, it might be related ā€¦ i did a small change to the svg files, and will see if that helps. I doubt, but if is not working then i go back to png instead of svg.

Letā€™s see how this will goā€¦

3 Likes

I will create a new thread for this bug, but before that, what information do you need from me to deal with this bug?

Make sure Yakuake is not launched (check for yakuake process) and launch it from terminal. Provide an output and make a screenshot if itā€™s launching but visuals broken.

Iā€™m on unstable. I donā€™t have any issues with yakuake. I did have to go through a few extra steps before and after that update: I had to manually get rid of manjaro-kde-settings-19.0 because it depended on the breath2 packages. Then I had to update my settings to set everythong back to breath. If kconf_update was supposed to do this automagically, it didnā€™t for meā€¦

I donā€™t know how this will work in case of manjaro-kde-settings-19.0ā€¦ Other users updated fine it seems.

Oh well. I guess I mustā€™ve messed things up at some point. I have no clue why I was stuck with manjaro-kde-settings-19.0ā€¦

I think it was an oversight from our end?.. But yes, just change theme manually/reset settings if itā€™s not done automagically.

Whatā€™s the way to disable blur on Yakuake in these new themes? Unticking the ā€œBlur backgroundā€ box and restarting Yakuake doesnā€™t seem to have an effect.

1 Like

Oops, it seems I accidentally left it in global config? Will fix tomorrow.

It worked for me even without restarting of Yakuake. I turned it back on though since I can live with those corners but canā€™t stand the absence of blur effect.

Ah I got it wrong, I meant switching global Blur effect off had its, huh, effect immediately. Regarding [Konsole] profiles setting, well, Blur has never worked for Yakuake on my installation.

The Blurā„¢. We needs it. We wants it. We will has The Blurā„¢!

:crazy_face:

I actually prefer seeing though Yakuake window, to a certain extent.

:arrow_up:

Those being the keywords. :stuck_out_tongue:

@LordTermor Since a big overhaul of KDE is being done, I propose some changes in an area where I find KDE to be lacking: Calendar. The default calendar applet in KDE is a joke out of the box compared to GNOME( integrates with google and M$ accounts). Even after setting up the bloated Korganiser suite, itā€™s unusable.
Thus Iā€™d suggest to use the plasmoid Event Calendar by default in Manjaro KDE, which looks way better and has Google integration, a weather applet and a timer built in.

1 Like

Our current course is to follow upstream as close as possible. So no major downstream changes. We even work with KDE now to get our current changes upstreamed. Youā€™d better ask KDE to improve calendar.

4 Likes

Well, if we change it and get +ve feedback, maybe theyā€™d accept it upstream?

The calendar applet actually does integrate the system calendar (which itself integrates google stuff), itā€™s just not enabled by default. Iā€™ll have to ask around why it isnā€™t enabled by default but it really should be changed.

Edit: the calendar plugin configuration is using absolute paths. Once thatā€™s fixed we can make the PIM integration the default