Testers needed for Manjaro Control Panel (new Settings Manager)

What do you mean? It’s nearly the same functional-wise.

i.e. the list of kernels in the legacy system is much nicer, with labels for Experimental / RealTime / LTS / Recommended / Unsupported versions, and installed / used tags.

The new one proposes a bare list with changelogs, of little use here, most of them being empty anyway.

The legacy one, as shown in attachment, betters fits my needs, plus, I don’t need to remove a pamac library that I actually use to get it working.

1 Like

That’s the purpose of TESTING this software, find issues, report issues, get them fixed, move forward and continue testing. Indeed if you’re not willing to do that, don’t install it.

1 Like

Well, please don’t be agressive.

I’m quite used to testing software and have done so for years.

But I would expect that when a new piece of software, aimed at replacing an existing one, reaches repos, it is at least in beta or RC stage and already provides the same or better functionnality that the software it comes to replace.

If it doesn’t give the same level of functionnality and conflicts with existing packages, it’s not beta stage, it’s alpha, and you don’t actually need testers to figure it out and finish it before releasing to testers in the repos…

Testers are there to find bugs, unexpected use cases, make suggestions for improvements. Not to just notice that there are conflicts with existing packages or that some features the old one has are missing from the new one… This should be obvious to the developppers isn’t it ?

Also you might consider that « The new software still doesn’t compare, feature-wise, to the legacy one » is some kind of constructive tester output, isn’t it ?
Unless you don’t want the opinion of people actually trying to use the software, of course.

Please open a dictionary, before accusing people of imaginary things.

It actually is implemented in the new one, we need to change packages description for this to work so doesn’t show up. Previously those categories were hardcoded.

What is empty?

It’s known problem with KCM, I’m pretty sure was reported here. Unfortunately this needs to be fixed from libpamac side.

The existing version of MCP has been removed from the repos. A new version is in the works. Stay tuned.