System doesn't boot, gets stuck on '[OK] Reached Graphical Interface' with the mouse cursor

I startup started reinstalling xorg, plasma and kde apps lol
pacman -S xorg plasma plasma-wayland-session kde-applications

if it worked haha

Yeah but it didn’t lol
So do I still execute your commands?

i thought it did haha… yes run those commands and recheck if it looks like in the post above

The first command returned the following error: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/lib64/libGL.so.1.7.0': File exists

ok so proceed to the second command, and then recheck them

Just did that. Now ls -l /usr/lib32/libGL.so* outputs the same result as ls -l /usr/lib/libGL.so* in the above screenshot.

that 32 was linked correctly, but these 2 were not:
ls -l /usr/lib/libGL.so*
ls -l /usr/lib64/libGL.so*
these libGL.so.1 should not point to the 340.132

I see. They still point though.

so run it with sudo:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.7.0
and then check with:
ls -l /usr/lib/libGL.so*

I was executing all the commands in superuser mode all this time. Is there any difference?

well they worked they changed the correct lib32 symlink to the nvidia ones haha …
try this:
ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.7.0
then check with:
ls -l /usr/lib/libGL.so*

First one failed, again saying that file already exists. The output of the last command seems to be the same as before.

i dont know why it doesnt work …
lets reinstall mesa, post output from:
pacman -Qs mesa

It just prints this and doesn’t seem to install or reinstall anything.

yes, its to check what you have installed, since im on intel and you are amd, dont know if they both use the same packages …

sudo pacman -S glu lib32-glu lib32-libva-mesa-driver lib32-mesa lib32-mesa-demos lib32-mesa-vdpau lib32-vulkan-radeon libva-mesa-driver mesa mesa-demos mesa-utils mesa-vdpau vulkan-radeon

reboot

Still the same. Anyways, I am really tried and it’s late here I should go sleep. We will continue tomorrow alright? Thanks for the help too. Good day or good night to you friend.

ok, we will continue tomorrow, but theres not much i can think off, except removing the 304.132 libs

1 Like

Hey, good day. So today I decided to try and launch an application from TTY just for curiosity and it threw an interesting error konsole: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 I am assuming the problem is with these opengl libs. What do you think?