Steam not starting at all

Hello, just today Steam doesn’t want to start on my system any more.
I just played cs an hour ago, did a small update and then everything went into shambles smh.
when starting steam i get the output:

Running Steam on manjarolinux 20.2.1 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Pins up-to-date!
Can't find 'steam-runtime-check-requirements', continuing anyway
$HOME/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam

before i reinstalled steam (First thing i tried) the runtime requirements were satisfied, but it just didn’t start, no other error.

when trying to install the lib32-nvidida-utils I have some files in conflict:

lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libEGL_nvidia.so.0 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libGLESv1_CM_nvidia.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libGLESv2_nvidia.so.2 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libGLX_nvidia.so.0 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libcuda.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libnvcuvid.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libnvidia-encode.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libnvidia-fbc.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libnvidia-ifr.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libnvidia-ml.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libnvidia-opticalflow.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem
lib32-nvidia-utils: /usr/lib32/libnvidia-ptxjitcompiler.so.1 existiert im Dateisystem

I have the current 460 driver installed btw, i would like to perform an easy fix, if this would be too big of a problem i might just reinstall steam on my new PC I am going to build as soon as the case arrives.

Thank you in advance!

Is that everything that comes up when you start steam in the terminal? It doesn’t say that steam is terminated or anything in this.

Also, please use ``` before and after your outputs.

Yes thats everything that comes up…
And yes i will do that, didn’t know how to do that

This isn’t a good fix… but it fixes the issues sometimes… try to have both steam-native and steam-manjaro both installed at the same time. You can remove one after it starts working again, and it usually continues working.

I don’t remember which one, but one of them has more library dependencies than the other.

I installed steam-native before, reinstalling steam-manjaro now, will see if this works

after doing a reinstall of steam-manjaro still nothing happens. Output of steam is still the same.
Guess I’ll just reinstall everything when building my new PC.

You can try running steam --reset from terminal. This can clear up some problems caused by dodgy configurations.

It may clear some of your installed games, PSA.

I have already tried the reset, didn’t work for me
tried to start the runtime yesterday and it showed me some errors, but it was too late for me to go on trying to fix it. Trying to launch it today gave me the same message as above.
Tried it again, didn’t work

What might work is removing the steam packages and removing the hidden ~/.steam ~/.local/share/Steam & folder from your home drive. That should remove most if not all of the steam stuff Then reinstall?

My PC components will arrive at Saturday, so I won’t go through the process, as I have work to do anyways, plus my Internet is really slow so downloading everything would take hours…
I guess this would be a fix tho.
btw there was the error message that somehow didn’t show up last time i tried starting steam-runtime. From the error messages i guess its a X-Server or Nvidia Driver problem

steam-runtime 
Running Steam on manjarolinux 20.2.1 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Pins up-to-date!
Can't find 'steam-runtime-check-requirements', continuing anyway
/home/paul/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam
[2021-01-20 21:39:59] Startup - updater built Oct 28 2020 23:34:22
ILocalize::AddFile() failed to load file "public/steambootstrapper_english.txt".
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1608507519)
SteamUpdateUI: An X Error occurred
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)

i had no idea there is a steam-manjaro. shouldnt that be installed automatically if you are running manjaro? my steam is running just fine its the games that are problematic.

steam-manjaro is installed by default, and this is only what youy need to run Steam games.

does that mean they actually think that their games are working under manjaro? ive had problems with civ 6 and sekiro under proton 15 is still crashing my gpu. i tried to get a refund for sekiro but steam refused. not good. is proton experimental more advanced?

Please don’t post your unrelated question/issues into other user threads - just open a new thread yourself! :+1: