Steam not showing tray icon

Steam’s icon is no longer showing in the top panel for some reason, reinstalling steam doesn’t bring the icon back.

1 Like

Install lib32-libappindicator-gtk2 and relaunch steam.

1 Like

I’ve run into this to and use AppIndicator and KStatusNotifierItem Support - GNOME Shell Extensions straight from the extensions site as a manual installed plugin.

For some reason the built in gnome-shell-extension-appindicator is not enough with these packages below installed for my configuration.

libappindicator-gtk3                                                                                                                                             [Installed] 12.10.0.r296-1              community 
    Allow applications to extend a menu via Ayatana indicators in Unity, KDE or Systray (GTK+ 3 library)
libappindicator-gtk2                                                                                                                                             [Installed] 12.10.0.r296-1              community 
    Allow applications to extend a menu via Ayatana indicators in Unity, KDE or Systray (GTK+ 2 library)
lib32-libappindicator-gtk3                                                                                                                                       [Installed] 12.10.0-12                  multilib 
    Allow applications to extend a menu via Ayatana indicators in Unity, KDE or Systray (32-bit) (GTK+ 3 library)
lib32-libappindicator-gtk2                                                                                                                                       [Installed] 12.10.0-12                  multilib 
    Allow applications to extend a menu via Ayatana indicators in Unity, KDE or Systray (32-bit) (GTK+ 2 library)
gnome-shell-extension-appindicator                                                                                                                               [Installed] 41-1                        community 
    AppIndicator/KStatusNotifierItem support for GNOME Shell

Can’t reproduce.

That’s optional for steam-manjaro and required by steam-native.

Those are identical.

it tells me there are no such packages

lib32-libappindicator-gtk2 is in the multilib repo, do you have it enabled in your /etc/pacman.conf?

i guess not. i haven’t done that