[Stable Update] 2024-06-10 - Kernels, Systemd, NVIDIA, Mesa, Qt5

Ok thanks. So in short “just” hardware acceleration for tty. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CUDA is broken after 2024-05-29 update, which updated cuda to 12.5, but the nvidia kernel driver is still 12.4 now, so if you compile a cuda program and run it, then it will throw an error “the provided PTX was compiled with an unsupported toolchain.”

It’s a known issue:

I’ve spotted a strange issue with my keyboard shortcuts I just created:
Keyboard > Shortcuts > KCalc > Add custom shortcut > press Calculator > Apply

Pressing the Calculator key normally opens the KCalc, but as soon as I reboot my system a few times (yes, sometimes it just works on the very next boot) - suddenly the setting is gone from the ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc, hence pressing the Calculator key doesn’t work anymore. Same goes for my other shortcuts that I created for my multimedia keys (I haven’t tried yet shortcuts for ‘normal keys’).

I have explicitly removed all end branches from the output tree provided by the pactree -r kded5 (I think it should be done automatically upon upgrading to KDE 6), i.e.:

sudo pacman -Rns manjaro-settings-manager-kcm systemd-kcm kinit plasma5-integration khotkeys
sudo pacman -Syu plasma-desktop

… therefore I don’t have kglobalaccel5 or khotkeys installed on my system, and I do have kglobalaccel as a part of the Plasma.

Anyone else spotted this and if so, how to resolve it without reinstalling everything?

I’m experiencing problems with linux66-rt-nvidia-470xx: unable to satisfy dependency 'nvidia-utils=470.239.06' required by linux66-rt-nvidia-470xx.

Looking at Packages, I can see the -rt- variants are not depending on 470.256.02-1 but on 470.239.06 which can’t be resolved.

I’m running kernel 6.6.32-1, not 6.6.30-rt. Is there smth I can do to resolve this or is it a glitch on Manjaro side?

linuxXX-rt-470xx 470.256.02-1 packages will be coming along shortly.

I have found 2 problems:

• Libreoffice stays always in light mode, even if i explicitly select dark mode in the options;
  • DKMS doesn’t install v4l2loopback on 6.6 kernel. The module is installed for all the other kernel versions I have (5.4 and 6.1) but not for 6.6. I have seen issues reported here for newer versions but not 6.6.

I had not updated for a while (I use still using Plasma5), so maybe this is not strictly related to this last update.

Unsupported. The v4l2loopback issues have been fixed.

2 Likes

Please take the time to read through this short but informative essay… :point_down:

3 Likes

Hi,
yesterday while updating to the latest stable my notebook crashed.
I now getting this error:

-> could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/linux66-nvidia-550.90.07-3/desc: No such file or directory
Sync Explicit (1): linux66-nvidia-550.90.07-3
warning: linux66-nvidia-550.90.07-3 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/linux66-nvidia-550.90.07-3/desc: No such file or directory
warning: could not fully load metadata for package linux66-nvidia-550.90.07-3
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
 -> error installing repo packages

or

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
linux66-nvidia: /usr/lib/modules/6.6.32-1-MANJARO/extramodules/nvidia-drm.ko.xz exists in filesystem
linux66-nvidia: /usr/lib/modules/6.6.32-1-MANJARO/extramodules/nvidia.ko.xz exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> error installing repo packages

I get this error with every new package i installed. I was on Kernel 6.6 and had to fall back to 5.15. Also tried to reinstall 6.6 without success.

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

Hi @echolo

I’m afraid this error is not a result of the update; it seems more obviously a result of your machine crashing during the update. This will invariably cause many unpredictable issues.

My suggestion is to open a new thread of your own and give as much information as possible. Once that is done, others may be able to help.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I guess you meant was rather than use? And that you are up to date now? :wink:

1 Like

Yes, sorry, it was a typo. I still had Plasma 5 before updating.

Thanks but I’ve been using Manjaro since 2015 and maintaining the current installation since 2020 and I would like to go on this way, since other distros don’t meet my needs. I just was very busy in the last two months and I had to postpone the updates. I read the known issues of the last months before and after applying the updates and I haven’t found anything about my issue. I’m sure I missed something but I would appreciate some help in figuring out what.

So has anybody a clue about the Libreoffice dark theme thing?

1 Like

Perhaps try downgrading Libreoffice and see if that fixes it? If it does, then it’s a problem with the new version.

1 Like

You could try renaming ~/.config/libreoffice with a .bak suffix and then start it anew to see whether it makes a difference.

1 Like

Thanks. I have tried, still no difference.

I assume by “light mode” you mean the toolbars, menus etc.? You’ll need to try another theme. I’m using “Breeze Black” in the “Colours” option under Global Theme and it looks OK to me.

In any case, I think your query deserves its own thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am talking about the “Mode” setting you can change in Tools → Options… → View → Appearance. Switching among the three available options (System, Light, Dark) has no effect.

Anyway, I have found now a workaround: in Plasma’s System Settings → Colors & Themes → Application Style → Configure GNOME/GTK Application Style… → GTK theme I selected Breath-Dark (there was no selected option before, it was just empty). Now Libreoffice looks forced to stay dark even if I select its Light mode, but this is good enough for me.

Thanks everybody :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you try reisub and free memory with alt+print+f?
I guess this maybe should close the lockscreen.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Plasma 6.1 Released - Your Future Desktop is Ready