[Stable Update] 2024-05-29 - Kernels, Plasma 6.0.5, GNOME 46.2, Mesa

Welcome to the forum! :vulcan_salute:

Thatā€™s a kernel panic, and if it happens while the system is already up and running ā€” as opposed to at boot ā€” then the cause is usually faulty hardware. Common causes are overheating and/or a faulty memory module.

1 Like

Is there any way to investigate it in details? Most probably something isnā€™t compatible 6.6 kernel version since I havenā€™t seen the same issue while on 6.1

Please start a new thread as previously requested. This has nothing to do with the update. It is merely a coincidence to have presented itself at the same time.

That said,

journalctl --priority=warning..crit --no-pager --boot=-1

Where:

• The --priority=warning..err argument limits the output to warnings and errors only;
  • and the --no-pager formats the output nicely for use here, on the forum;
  • the --boot=-1 argument limits the output to log messages from the previous boot. This can be adjusted to -2 for the boot before that, -3 to the boot before that, and so on and so forth.
2 Likes

Thanks for your help.I was too busy these days, I tried different methods that I saw in the forum with my same probel but didnā€™t work for me. I know every system is different. Finally I restored my KDE configuration and finally it works well. Also I create another account before restore the config and in that account it works perfectly.Maybe this helps someone that have the same problem.

I killed the LUKS slot I wasnā€™t using (from a previous failed attempt to use a USB key to unlock), removed its cryptkey from my kernel parameters, and ran grub-mkconfig, and it now asks for my LUKS password not twice but three times on boot! The Keyfile could not be opened message has been replaced by two differently-worded variations on ā€œA password is required to decryptā€ following the usual initial prompt.

Edit: I think the second (or third, I guess) prompt is likely GRUB - ArchWiki :

Without further changes you will be prompted twice for a passphrase: the first for GRUB to unlock the /boot mount point in early boot, the second to unlock the root filesystem itself as implemented by the initramfs.

Edit 2: Iā€™m now back to where I was before this update by following dm-crypt/Device encryption - ArchWiki to embed a keyfile in initramfs. I still get the first prompt to decrypt /boot but subsequent decryptions use the keyfile. I think what probably happened to cause the third prompt was that I removed a keyfile from initramfs on my encrypted swap, thinking I was removing the USB keyfile on the disk (Iā€™d totally forgotten about encrypted swap so didnā€™t check to see if more than one LUKS device was listed). The first prompt was for /boot, the second was for the disk and the third was for swap. Still no idea what caused the second prompt to appear though.

Hi after update discord is out of date, is it better to install discord with flatpak ?

Itā€™s better to wait until itā€™s updated in the Manjaro repo; have a little patience. :wink:

See here:

2 Likes

Itā€™s rare that I agree with that poster, however, Iā€™m forced to agree with his general sentiment. :smile_cat: