[Stable Update] 2024-05-13 - Kernels, Plasma 6, Gnome 46, LxQT 2.0, Nvidia, Pacman

A general setting Wayland or X11 selection wouldn’t be bad…

1 Like

Hey, where is the simple task manager gone? The app with global shortcut Ctrl + Esc?

It’s replaced with System Monitor (the shortcut is Meta + Esc)

Then you should still clear your configs and cache

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/KDE#Configuration_related

And/or remove old/incompatible widgets.

May be similar for packages if you have a bunch of unsupported/incompatible ones.

If you really need help then open a thread.

1 Like

oh boy, I always fear those huge updates.

So far so good - many thanks for your hard work!

Encountered same minor issue i.s. the system icons are way too small - is it still fixable with the solution:

1 Like

Same here… clicking on these systray icons only gives me that black dot.
I cannot find it anymore, but if I remember it correctly I saw a similar bug report on a different forum for a different distribution some days ago. So probably not a Manjaro problem but a KDE bug. I’m using Wayland, btw.

@manjaro team: otherwise, no problems. Thank you for your effort! (That shouldn’t be forgotten over all these complaints.
At least for KDE this is a major update for which the KDE developers intentionally choose to end support for some features, make some widgets incompatible and, most importantly, upgrade Qt. Given that, I’m impressed with the low number of issues reported.)

1 Like

gnome-keyring doesn’t work for me. It is a known issue, however I haven’t been able to make it work with the instructions posted on the link above.

Also, Olive’s interface is not getting updated when working with streams. If you know the key-bindings, it works, but the UI is not updated and for something more complicated then crop/move, it is useless.

Edit: Gnview stopped displaying WEBP images

(KDE Plasma 6, Kernel 6.6, AMD CPU, with AMD iGPU)

That’s exactly what I did. I also installed a Java interpreter and removed it after the update. Thank you.

Completely resetting is pretty much a guarantee - but once you’ve isolated (if it’s possible) the offender, then you can pretty much re-import most of the stuff.

That’s not specific to Plasma6 - but it’s more likely to help ensure that your bugs are real bugs.

My last bug was a launcher in .local/share/applications - tidied that up and it’s been pretty stable since (7 days up yesterday).

2 Likes

I now updated my second system (running X11) and everything went smoothly (aside from the terminal font had to be changed and borders messing with tiling)
The default font of the terminal changing leading to the issues with the symbols described in this thread should probably be notes as known issue. The fix is to change your terminal font.
To fix my tiling (it was off by one pixel letting you see the background around the windows) I removed the borders. Not ideal but better.

So the kde wiping some of your settings thing might only happen to wayland users.

1 Like

This is a test post.

2 Likes

Hey team, thanks for that update, updated my main workstation here and honestly, super smooth not seen any issue up to now… The fun part being that I’ve had to chroot that system due to a crash during a previous upgrade… Rebooting to find plasma 6.x was a surprise I didn’t expected… Thanks folks !

Currently experiencing an issue with Plasma 6: Volume controls in the widget on the taskbar are empty, not showing any devices.
When I open the system settings everything is there and works, it’s just the quick access thing that’s empty.
Hovering over the volume icon and scrolling works, and shows correct device and set volume.

Same as this one ?

At you and the previous poster @Telcoced

This is a known bug.

(Answer is - you can workaround by using xorg, fix is in next plasma updates)

EDIT.

With the release of plasma-workspace-6.0.4-1.0 this should be fixed.

4 Likes

Booting without splash screen (removing “splash” in grub entry) allows to boot. Could be something related to SDDM as I can’t reach it when splash screen is enabled ?

After install

Searching AUR for updates...
:: Searching databases for updates...
 -> Packages not in AUR: khotkeys  kpeoplevcard  kquickcharts5  manjaro-hotfixes  plasma-simplemenu  python-manjaro-sdk  systemd-kcm  web-installer-url-handler
 -> Flagged Out Of Date AUR Packages: python-shiboken2  termius

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

I’m using 6.6. But I also have older kernels installed.
Won’t harm to run what Phil suggests I guess, but do I have to?

Thats stopping plymouth

You may be missing something or other.

(Most notably kms is helpful in minimizing blackscreens from plymouth. But it isnt a cure-all.)

But plymouth can also just break things on its own. Heres a guide for the interested:

So you have multiple unsupported packages that dont exist in the repos or the AUR.

(and 2 that are simply in the AUR and out of date but that that you probably dont need)

Do you need to be told to remove them?

Really only you know about the importance of any packages on your system.

But if you really have no idea … then they should all be deleted.

2 Likes

Did it work as expected?

2 Likes