[Stable Update] 2024-05-13 - Kernels, Plasma 6, Gnome 46, LxQT 2.0, Nvidia, Pacman

Thanks, solved by removing Plymouth.

skype-web-jak stopped working because python-jade-application-kit still contains libraries for python3.11, while the default python is 3.12 now.

Did you follow the linked instructions for updating Python packages? I know I have that ā€œfunā€ ahead of me when I have time to upgrade.

I just tried to reinstall them, turns out both packages disappeared from the manjaro package repo?

He wonā€™t know until Wynsdey :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

ā€¦or possibly later.

1 Like

In fact - I am the one to blame for adding this note - not Philip.

Most systems on stable branch will not have the latest linux-firmware (20240409.1addd7dc-1.2) as this was released to the repo after last stable snap in mid March.

There is a couple of threads where older kernels has refused to load compressed firmware modules.

To avoid such issues one may need to ensure consistency as described.

1 Like

I have the same problem, but plasmashell --replace does not seem to solve the problemā€¦
edit:

this solution solved my problem with the application launcher, the taskbar displays the active windows and the sound panel works again.

3 Likes

Which is still covered in

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/KDE#Configuration_related

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I had the same issue on one of the three systems that I updated. After executing the command and rebooting the system, the launcher is now populated. For some reason, the search does not work properly, i.e. a couple of applications (e.g. Firefox) cannot be found when I start typing. But I am still happy as the majority of apps are searchable.

1 Like

Check this.
Might be a different app thatā€™s causing it for you; find out and tell us.

After the update pipewire no longer works for me, no audio device can be found. As a workaround I had to get back to pulseaudio packages

1 Like

EDIT: In my case the problem was casued by an outdated config for wireplumber in my ~/.config/wireplumber directory

1 Like

The update broke the game Squad on Steam for me. Launching the game fails with a ā€œfailed to load the anti-cheat moduleā€ message.

Other Steam games not dependent on Easy Anti-Cheat work fine. If I Timeshift back to before the update Squad works again.

Just thought that I would post that I am still running kernel 5.15 and upgrade seems to have gone OK. linux-firmware is 20240409.1addd7dc-1.1 (not -1.2). Running XFCE.

2 Likes

For those who updated plasma and didnā€™t read the post, the solution that worked for me was to restore the theming as said, and remove al orphan packages, there was a lot of qt5 and others related to plasma 5, reboot and the icons and menu were back.

1 Like

The XFCE upgrade worked well, but I canā€™t upgrade my KDE systems ā€¦it makes them unusable.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Whenever I log in to session I see this weird graphical glitch

XFCE updated fine, followed upgrade to Python 3.12, which is good since I messed up the proper maintenance of python packages for 3.8, 3.9, 3.10 and now have those directories with packages that I donā€™t know how to deal with.
So far no issues, and Linux 6.9 seems to be stable and isnā€™t causing the high CPU temps like in 6.7

I confirm that plasma-firewall thinks ufw is disabled although I verified it is enabled using systemctl status ufw.

When I try to ā€œenableā€ the firewall using plasma-firewall in the System Settings GUI I get an error:

Error enabling firewall: An error occurred in command 'setStatus':

How to fix `plasma-firewall` error in System Settings GUI when running `ufw`

Open /usr/lib/kde_ufw_plugin_helper.py and change the first line from #!/usr/bin/python3.11 to #!/usr/bin/python3.12. This fixed the issue for me immediately and makes sense since Manjaro is currently on Python 3.12.

2 Likes