[Stable Update] 2023-09-18 - Kernels, Mesa, Pipewire, Systemd, LibreOffice, KDE, Thunderbird

Following this update 6.1 and 5.15 did not load the r8168 driver (which I believe was default when I installed) and my wired ethernet would not work. switched to the r8169 and now it is working fine.

5 Likes

I have the same problem. How Can I solve this?
Thank you

Welcome! :vulcan_salute:

Read the post again that you are replying to. The answer is right there. :wink:

Remove the r8168 driver from your system by way of the Manjaro Settings Manager, make sure r8169 is not blacklisted anymore under /etc/modprobe.d, and reboot your system.

3 Likes

Should probably be added to Known issues and solutions.

5 Likes

Oh! I see. Thank you! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey,

started to get this:

Sep 18 16:57:25 XXX systemd-vconsole-setup[463]: setfont: ERROR setfont.c:434 kfont_load_font: Unable to find file: ter-116n
Sep 18 16:57:25 XXX systemd-vconsole-setup[449]: /usr/bin/setfont failed with exit status 66.
Sep 18 16:57:25 XXX systemd-vconsole-setup[449]: Setting source virtual console failed, ignoring remaining ones
Sep 18 16:57:25 XXX systemd[1]: systemd-vconsole-setup.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Sep 18 16:57:25 XXX systemd[1]: systemd-vconsole-setup.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Anyone an idea? Thx

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

You have a font configured which doesn’t seem to be installed (anymore):

$ pacman -Qo /usr/share/kbd/consolefonts/ter-116n.psf.gz 
/usr/share/kbd/consolefonts/ter-116n.psf.gz is owned by terminus-font 4.49.1-6

So either install terminus-font or remove ter-116n as a configured font (from /etc/vconsole.conf or kernel commandline, whatever you were using there).

1 Like

So far so good, the update went well, no issues to report.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: No network after update

After the update my mouse is constantly freezing, doesn’t seem like the system is freezing since I can hit the start menu button on keyboard during a mouse freeze and that works. Not sure where to look to fix, any suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: Turns out it was my KVM Switch acting up.

1 Like

After update plymouth does not start anymore. “Resolved” by removing splash from CMDLINE

systemd[1]: Failed to start Terminate Plymouth Boot Screen.

As I can no longer comment on the older topics I am posting here.

Recently (IIRC at the latest the 2023-08-29 update) I am having delay issues with my Bluetooth headphones. Watching YouTube videos in either Chromium or Firefox or local files in VLC experience the same issue. It’s <1s off and is very noticeable if somebody speaks and thus I am no longer able to watch anything with somebody talking in it. It does not occur when I use the built speaker. Restarting the system/video, seeking in the video does not affect it. Same with turning the phones off/on, removing and re-registering them.

Something that might be related to it that there’s a delay from when the headphone indicate they are connected until the audio starts. That delay got much bigger recently as well so it seems it desyncs during the actual connect.

I am running the 6.5 kernel but also have the same issue using the 6.1 LTS one.

The issue does not happen when using a live system generated from the manjaro-kde-22.1.3-230529-linux61.iso.

:package: Rebuilds for the r8168 modules are incoming that should fix the issues folks were having.

:information_source: If you already removed r8168 and r8169 is working for you, then there’s nothing to do.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Wired Ethernet and Wireless network connections not available after update

:exclamation:
Any ideas with this one?

systemctl status systemd-vconsole-setup.service
systemd-vconsole-setup.service - Virtual Console Setup
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-vconsole-setup.service; static)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2023-09-19 15:25:58 AEST; 31min ago
       Docs: man:systemd-vconsole-setup.service(8)
             man:vconsole.conf(5)
    Process: 2399 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-vconsole-setup (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 2399 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 16ms

Sep 19 15:25:58 bob-Manjaro systemd[1]: Starting Virtual Console Setup...
Sep 19 15:25:58 bob-Manjaro systemd-vconsole-setup[2401]: loadkeys: Unable to open file: au: No such file or directory
Sep 19 15:25:58 bob-Manjaro systemd-vconsole-setup[2399]: /usr/bin/loadkeys failed with exit status 1.
Sep 19 15:25:58 bob-Manjaro systemd[1]: systemd-vconsole-setup.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Sep 19 15:25:58 bob-Manjaro systemd[1]: systemd-vconsole-setup.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Sep 19 15:25:58 bob-Manjaro systemd[1]: Failed to start Virtual Console Setup.
journalctl -xeu systemd-vconsole-setup.service
Sep 19 16:00:44 bob-Manjaro systemd[1]: systemd-vconsole-setup.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
░░ Subject: Unit process exited
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: https://forum.manjaro.org/c/support
░░ 
░░ An ExecStart= process belonging to unit systemd-vconsole-setup.service has exited.
░░ 
░░ The process' exit code is 'exited' and its exit status is 1.
Sep 19 16:00:44 bob-Manjaro systemd[1]: systemd-vconsole-setup.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
░░ Subject: Unit failed
░░ 
░░ The unit systemd-vconsole-setup.service has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Sep 19 16:00:44 bob-Manjaro systemd[1]: Failed to start Virtual Console Setup.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit systemd-vconsole-setup.service has failed
░░ 
░░ A start job for unit systemd-vconsole-setup.service has finished with a failure.
░░ 
░░ The job identifier is 125 and the job result is failed.

Same here. gnome-logs are empty.

Following the 9-18-23 update I had no WAN access although LAN was fine. I use PIA vpn service which is connected at boot. I found that if I disconnected from PIA, WAN access returned. I went into the client config and switched from wireguard to openvpn and was able to connect to the vpn with WAN access again. Seems the update broke wireguard?

I should mention using the xfce version.

1 Like

I’m still having the issue that appeared with the previous update. KDE messes up my screen layout (laptop with a secondary screen) on every reboot, resume and second screen plugging/unplugging to my laptop.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Docker is no longer accessible

Hello,

After upgrading to 2023-09-18, I had a problem with Openfortigui, or any software using PPP to connect to Fortinet VPNSSL (probably others VPN but I can not say). The error message is “Peer refused to agree to his IP address”.

This is a known issue :

So the solution is to rollback ppp and networkmanager-pptp :
downgrade 'ppp=2.4.9-3' 'networkmanager-pptp=1.2.12-1'

Regards.

3 Likes