[Stable Update] 2023-06-04 - Kernels, Gnome 44.1, Plasma 5.27.5, Python 3.11, Toolchain, Firefox

I can’t go into the settings to disable it. Even the settings page doesn’t show anything.

I don’t use Brave so I don’t know the full command, but try running it from console with the –disable-gpu addition…

Thanks. I tried brave --disable-gpu from a terminal and from there I turned it off. It seems to work.

+1, but for basically all applications for me (with GNOME). All apps open in a very minimized window, with glitches and artifacts all around. The glitches stop when we maximize the window.

For me using the flag (–disable-gpu), has the same behavior as without the flag.

Even from console, with flag, get same behavior of Brave colors showing “Light” theme even if previously set to “Dark”.

Actually that is for graybeard python wizards. This much longer version is meant for mere mortals: [HowTo] After a Python interpreter upgrade, reinstall non-working Python packages

1 Like

I triggered another build of ISOs including the updated kernels: Release 202306050317 · manjaro/release-review · GitHub

Should I install the gtk version… or can I live without it ?

Yes, you can live without any xdg-desktop-portal-* packages if you are NOT using Flatpak (or a few other applications that depend on xdg-desktop-portal directly).

1 Like

After this update my trackpoint acceleration is gone, and I can’t remember how did I set it :joy:

update: I followed TrackPoint - ArchWiki and now it’s OK

update2: but the moving of cursor is not smooth, it trembles when moving. HELP

Update went smoothly but now my Logitech mouse is moving reaaaaly slow in plasma desktop :confused:

Same here with Logitech MX Master 3.

1 Like

same with an extrnal USB ThinkPad trackpoint. Now I use device-quirks to workaround

Upgrade has broken fonts in my gnome terminal. It looks like a space is put between each letter.
I use bash as a default shell.

update: The “custom font” in terminal profile was empty. If I selected a new font, the problem was gone.

I still get occasional restarts and artifacts, gnome-session coredumps (with tracelogs like in my original post), my entire desktop restarting, forgetting dark mode and some windows repositioning themselves.

Installing the upgraded 6.3 kernel I’m using (and nvidia drivers) didn’t help.

Unable to install update. Get message: mutter43<.>mutter are conflicting.

Okay, just tried doing the update on my XFCE box… I didn’t even get to see if there were any issues because nothing installed and I just got this… sorry if I’m missing something obvious, its 4am lol.

conflicting files:
- gcc12: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib/libgcc_s.so already exists in filesystem (owned by gcc10-libs)
- gcc12: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 already exists in filesystem (owned by gcc10-libs)

I also just scrolled through 100+ comments and didn’t see anyone else with this issue

Do you need mutter43? Run pacman -Rc mutter to see what is depending on this package. You don’t need to actually remove anything, you can just cancel after you see what would be removed. You have to clarify why do you have mutter43 package installed and if you still need it.

That it’s telling you that you have gcc10-libs package (from AUR) installed and some files of that package are in conflict with the new package gcc12. You have to clarify what do you want to do with your system. Why do you have gcc10-libs installed?

1 Like

Might be off topic but I wanted to mention “Ultima Thule” was the name of a daguerreotype (one of the first photographs) of Edgar Allan Poe. Poe wrote a poem called Dreamland. The first paragraph is…

By a route obscure and lonely,
    Haunted by ill angels only,
    Where an Eidolon, named NIGHT,
    On a black throne reigns upright,
    I have reached these lands but newly
    From an ultimate dim Thule --
    From a wild weird clime that lieth, sublime,
          Out of SPACE -- out of TIME.
5 Likes

Will pamac build (re)build and mark those packages as explicitly installed?
I mean, pamac install will do that, unless --as-deps or --as-explicit options are passed. I’m unsure about pamac build. And, yes, I’ve checked the pamac(8) manpage, and couldn’t find an answer that.

My concern is about AUR packages that were installed as dependencies from other AUR packages. Those should stay marked as dependencies.

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m always experimenting and I have several VMs, along with many other things. Perhaps it’s an orphan of something I installed previously? I get this:

$ pacman -Qi gcc10-libs
Name            : gcc10-libs
Version         : 1:10.3.0-2
Description     : Runtime libraries shipped by GCC (Version 10)
Architecture    : x86_64
URL             : https://gcc.gnu.org
Licenses        : GPL  LGPL  FDL  custom
Groups          : None
Provides        : libgfortran.so=5-64  libubsan.so=1-64  libasan.so=6-64  libtsan.so=0-64  liblsan.so=0-64
Depends On      : glibc
Optional Deps   : None
Required By     : gcc10
Optional For    : None
Conflicts With  : None
Replaces        : None
Installed Size  : 60.21 MiB
Packager        : Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis@archlinux.org>
Build Date      : Thu 02 Dec 2021 08:45:59 PM EST
Install Date    : Wed 02 Mar 2022 02:51:26 AM EST
Install Reason  : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script  : No