[Stable Update] 2023-02-20 - Kernels, GNOME, NetworkManager, KDE Frameworks, Firefox

No. Apparmor isn’t installed.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Yt-dlp: nsig extraction failed

Another boring upgrade. Everything just works. :frowning:

6 Likes

Idem… :unamused:

I got login loops on Xfce4.
But after replacing libxfce4ui-devel with libcfce4ui, the problem is solved.
Thanks.

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Input issues after switching applications

only issue I noticed was an erroneous output in my conky related my amd gpu shader clock… likely was not something specific in the package updates, but rather related to the fact i also took this update as my transition to the new 6.1.12 LTS kernel (from 5.19)

Turns out two asterisked lines where now being returned by the following command when the shader clock was 0Mhz

$ cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon5/device/pp_dpm_sclk | grep '*$' 
0: 0Mhz *
1: 0Mhz *

whereas normally (I think) the file typically contained one asterisked entry (the 1st) for the current clock (what I wanted), and a second non-asterisked entry for the max clock…

$ cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon5/device/pp_dpm_sclk
0: 500Mhz *
1: 2575Mhz 

Not sure if this is a bug in the amd gpu driver data output, but the fix/workaround for me was to limit grep to only one match/output (via -m 1)…

$ cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon5/device/pp_dpm_sclk | grep -m 1 '*$' 
0: 0Mhz *

Assuming you are talking about System Settings=>Startup and Shutdown=>Autostart… i think the key word is Startup, which I interpret as more akin to “upon boot” not “per login”, but I could be wrong.

I’m curious though… why are you logging out and not just locking (Meta-L) and unlocking your session as needed?

Install it to resolve your issue :wink:

After this update I’ve had some weird problems with a BT headset, like the device not appearing in audio devices for output and/or input. Disconnecting and reconnecting the headset seems to be a workaround, sometimes more than one disconnect/connect cycle is required.

Seems not to be related to this update after all. I’ve booted into my “rescue” system which is at the previous level and the problem persists.
Evidently something I’ve cocked-up, rather than being related to the update.

A post was split to a new topic: Could not satisfy dependencies while updating

For those who might not have seen the blog post, I just added the following to the Recent News section:

4 Likes

I only had a minor issue updating, on a system that’s not been running since November 9 of this past year. Package “lib32-db” was holding up pamac. After Googling that issue, I see I wasn’t alone. Removing that package allowed everything to update normally, after some keyring updates.

Oh, and the latest VLC had a strange issue on the same system, where attempting to play a .mp4 video file caused an immediate application crash. Changing the Video Output to VDPAU seems to have fixed it, though the reason behind it is still a mystery to me. Oh well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for all the hard work, Manjaro devs!

This update fixed my KDE screen locker crash on X11 issue.

3 posts were split to a new topic: GNOME still reports 43.3 and not 43.4

In addition to the lo interface NM applet is telling me random ip on DNS. I configured to use Google DNS and NM applet continues randomising the DNS IP… But If I do a cat resolv the DNS servers are the Google ones. Is it normal?

2 Likes

as mentioned here:
forum.manjaro org/t/networkdevices-missing-after-restart/134864

be aware that this update might delete all your network interfaces … they wont even show on lspci -v after a restart as soon as you used them

Actually nevermind. I just realized I was using a USB receiver to connect, not Bluetooth

A post was split to a new topic: My user password stopped working