[Stable Update] 2022-09-12 - Kernels, LibreOffice, KDE Gear, KDE Frameworks, Firefox, Thunderbird, Pipewire, Mesa

Oh boy! After typing all that out, I went back into the system settings → Workspace Behaviour → Screen Edges page. I noticed the Highlight Changed Settings button, clicked that and small red dots appeared at various places.

One of these was the Behaviour setting… ‘Remain active when windows are full-screen’.

So I checked the box, clicked Apply - and it’s all back to normal again! Hurrah! :blush:

1 Like

My god!5.25.5 always crash on my PC.

1 Like

Just sharing actions required:

1. One package that I had installed, dia, got moved to AUR. I just removed it because there are alternatives and it depends on gtk2.

2. Thunderbird had 2 issues:

• My Menu Bar customization was gone. I re-added the icons to the Menu Bar.

• I was using the System Theme, but had to enable the Dark (or Light) because of multiple strangeness:

• When the window did not have focus, the entire Menu Bar, actually all components were gone. In this case, not visible. Perhaps font color.

• When Customize was selected, the items in the menu were not visible. If I grabbed the customization area a few would become visible.

3. #38 - Xfce, bluetooth permissions differ

Desktop: XFCE

we should have stuck with 5.24

8 Likes

It should be a statistical problem, applications started through plank will be calculated as the memory used by plank

1 Like

Just to let you know, the issue is related to hardware-accelerated playback.
If I disable VAAPI support for HEVC in Kodi, or disable hardware-accelerated decoding in VLC, there are no more green artifacts.

The issue is not related to one specific hardware although it might be a AMD/Radeon thing. It occurred on a new Ryzen / Radeon RX 6800 and an old AMD A10 rig. I still need to check on the other hardware.

An issue: after the update: the wifi network didn’t work on my tablet (I didn’t try with a cable connection).
I needed a cold reboot and then it worked. :four_leaf_clover:
But note I didn’t update my laptop since June.

Tomorrow I will try with my desktop computer. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

I don´t know if it was after this update or the previews ones, but samba is not working anymore. I don´t use it a lot so I hadn´t noticed until this days.

imagen

Is there a way to fix samba without reinstalling all system again?
Unfortunately I don´t have Timeshift backup previous this fail.

I preciate all help. I’m still a newbie, sorry.

I found that none of my USB thumb drives mounted on being plugged into a running system and two internal partitions that previously mounted automatically on boot and logging in no longer did so either. I have never used /etc/fstab entries for these devices.

I fixed the problem for the internal partitions by going into Settings - Removable Storage - Removable Devices, and adding a tick next to them for on login. After booting and logging in they now mount properly.

For plugging in USB thumb drives, that was fixed by ticking the on attach option.

1 Like

Had an issue with X11 and Nouveau drivers after updating from a fresh install switching from grub_bios to UEFI. Installed correctly then performed standard updates and when I rebooted X was unable to detect either of my monitors. I had to switch to tty2 and install the proprietary NV drivers to get X to recover.

Hello, I use Manjaro KDE. Given the problems reported on this forum, I have not yet done the September 12th update. My system works perfectly and I have no urgency to update it. I tell myself that the longer I wait, the more chance I have that the bugs will be fixed and my update will be done without any difficulty. What do you think? Should I wait for the next stable update or would it be better if I tried to apply this update now? I’ll have to do it at some point anyway and I’m not sure what’s more prudent. Thanks for your advice!

3 Likes

I’m curious - though I don’t use GUI to do updates (I use pacman) if I open Discover, it’s offering a set of updates not available yet in Pamac.

This is just one example - Discover says it has 360 updates whilst pamac (stable) has none.

strange
here we can view pamac with stable but discover with testing :thinking:
you post in stable but forum user profil is testing …

Sorry, I’m in Stable now.

updates shown in background of screenshot do not match versions in stable branch
according to mbn
Have you checked packages branch compare - https://packages.manjaro.org ?

1 Like

Sure, for Audacious it’s telling me it has an upgrade FROM my stable version 4.2-2 => to version 4.2-3 in Testing and Unstable.

Why doesn’t Discover know what branch I’m on?

Perhaps a caching issue from when you were on testing

1 Like

Ok, for pacman we have /var/lib/pacman/sync
For pamac we have /var/tmp/pamac/dbs
But I have no idea about discover - and discover has no manual.

I think it works with packagekit - so let’s try a refresh:
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/PackageKit/alpm && sudo systemctl restart packagekit

Success!!! Now I have only 1 update for Breeze-Round-Chameleon Icons. Thanks :wink:

1 Like

Plasma 5.26 comes out in just 4 days. Once it’s out, how long until it hits stable?

1 Like

I really, really, really hope you are saying this tongue-in-the-cheek.