[Stable Update] 2022-04-15 - Kernels, Mesa, Nvidia, Budgie, PipeWire, LIbreOffice, KDE Frameworks, Wine

Hello all,
with the Mate-edition I had to uninstall the package “mate-tweak” for the update to work.

I am on kernel 5.16. I checked “run config wizard” in kdenlive and it shows VAAPI is working.

The package:

manjaro-mate-settings

has the following missing dependencies, since a long time ago:

gnome-icon-theme
gnome-icon-theme-symbolic

See the image attached.

1 Like

I’m on kernel 5.17.

Screenshot_20220415_232002

However, running kdenlive with the variable set makes it work:

LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=i965 kdenlive

Screenshot_20220415_233413

I just need to figure out the proper place to set this environment variable so that it work system wide.

This turned out to be an unrelated problem that had to do with the application not working with Electron 18, modifying the package to use electron17 fixed it.

2 Likes

manjaro-mate-settings package is broken since a long time ago.

1. Remove it without removing its dependencies.

2. Remove its dependencies you have installed from AUR.

3. Mark the rest of its dependencies as explicitly installed.

4. Install mate-tweak package as usual.

1 Like

All went fine except for the fact that I faced an issue with the utility “solaar” (to set logitech hardware):

After the new update, I’m running into the following error message with ParaView:

/opt/paraview/bin/paraview: symbol lookup error: /opt/paraview/lib/libvtkfides.so.1: undefined symbol: _ZN6adios25ADIOS9DeclareIOENSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE

I attempted to remove and reinstall (yay -R paraview && yay -S paraview), but the error still occurs. Note that even though I’m using yay above, paraview is not an AUR package.

This is with the i3 version of Manjaro (though I’ve installed qtile as my WM).

Is the AMD p-state driver enabled in this release (for 5.17) or is there additional configuration required to enable? Are there recommendations not to enable this yet?

I have this in my 5.17.1 booted kernel:

[strit@odin ~]$ zgrep PSTATE /proc/config.gz 
CONFIG_X86_INTEL_PSTATE=y
CONFIG_X86_AMD_PSTATE=y

So I guess, yes, it’s enabled.

2 Likes

It is enabled, but I’m pretty confident that for now, you need to add kernel parameters and configure your UEFI for it to replace acpi-cpufreq.

Kernel parameters to add: amd_pstate.enable=1 and amd_pstate.shared_mem=1 in some case
UEFI setting to enable: CPPC

See this post for source of info from last month [Testing Update] 2022-03-24 - Linux517, Nvidia, Palemoon (not) - #5 by stephane

The issue is fixed withmanjaro-mate-panel-layout 20220415-2.

Fixed with manjaro-mate-settings 20220415-1.

See above.

FYI, MATE packages in general are rarely maintained. This is true for Arch, Manjaro and the AUR.

The Arch packages were orphaned for quite some time, then a maintainer stepped up and updated some.

We currently have no dedicated maintainers for several of our community editions. I’m playing catch up a little and we build ISO’s occasionally to make sure things aren’t broken, that’s about it.

2 Likes

i updated intel-media-driver from 22.2.2-1 (manjaro package) to 22.2.2-2 from ala.
Now vaapi works with mpv and /usr/lib/dri/iHD_drv_video.so

sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/i/intel-media-driver/intel-media-driver-22.2.2-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

3 Likes

Thanks! This worked for me too, now iHD works with vainfo.

I’m having font problem with FireFox on some site

So small issue in intel-graphics-compiler 1:1.0.10778-1 (or possibly intel-opencl-clang). Running an OpenCl Geekbench benchmark, for example, leads to an error for (only) the SFFT part of the benchmark. Below is the error message:

[ERROR: src/geekbench/workload/compute_workload.cpp(111)] workload 321 failed validation

Same error is not present when using the AUR version of intel-graphics-compiler-bin 1:1.0.10840-1. The issue could also be with intel-opencl-clang since the AUR version also provides that.

I know Geekbench isn’t a true workload. I am just using it in this instance to see if everything runs.

System specs:
Intel i5-6200U
Integrated Graphics (HD Graphics 520)
Thinkpad T460
Kernel 5.15.32-1

linux517 5.17.0 (still missing broadcom-wl, r8168 and rtl8723bu modules!)

It seems this problem has fixed since 5.17.1?

OK, I’ve pushed revision 2 for intel-media-driver now also to this branch.

4 Likes

I try to update with pamac update command, and have been stuck for several hours at [4/36] updating udev hardware database. Should I reboot now?

I can report that I didn’t change UEFI nor add boot params, yet my system reports the amd-pstate driver successfully. Running kernel 5.17.1-3 on an AMD Ryzen 9.

i wouldnt reboot, it will probably break your system… try canceling/ killing the update, then logout, enter into TTY: Ctrl+Alt+F2 and run update again with: pamac update