[Stable Update] 2022-02-27 - Kernels, Mesa 21.3.7, Plasma 5.24.2, Frameworks 5.91, Pipewire 0.3.47, Toolchain, Gstreamer 1.20, Nvidia 510.54

THANK YOUUUUU !!!
That did the trick: I enabled previews for REMOTE files lower than 80mb. Vault folder is local but it seems to be processed as remote. Now I can see all previews again.

The rare thing is it was working ok until this last update.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Firefox 98 issues

Hi, have you managed to track down this issue further? I have a very similar issue on Manjaro KDE with Kernel 5.15.25: login, shutdown as well as opening Qt apps is about a factor of 3 (sometimes more) slower than before the update, but things work fine for a new user (so I assume this makes driver issues unlikely?). One more minor thing, I noticed that Ctrl+Alt+T doesn’t work for opening Konsole anymore with the existing user, even though the shortcut is listed in the System Settings (I does work as expected for the new user)…

I am still relatively new with Manjaro and so far all updates have been going smoothly, so any help is appreciated, especially as to which diagnostics could help me track down the source of this slowdown.

I can not login using gdm/lightdm/lxdm regradless of the desktop env I pick, tried GNOME,i3,fluxbox, xfce … I looked and tried the infinite loop in lightdm but that did not help.

I am able to login via tty and startx though so I am able to run the X. Any ideas where to look for errors?

Tried journalctl -f but I can’t see anything obvious.

lightdm.log

I have downloaded the Minimal Gnome with kernel 5.15 version. There is no folder in the all apps menu & there is no dash to dock installed.

That’s by design. The minimal edition does not include any extensions. Please create a topic in #site-feedback if you have any suggestions or additional feedback.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it has a connection with this update but I noticed, that media keys on lenovo keyboard SK-8823 stopped working. Keys are just invisible for apps like xev or the KDE hotkeys configurator. They were working some time ago.
At the same time the media keys at Lenovo KU-1255 are still working.
I found a topic on bbs.archlinux about the same problem but there is no any solving yet.
Does anyone have any ideas?