[Stable Update] 2022-01-23 - OpenSearch, Kernels, KDE Software, Cinnamon, Pipewire, Mesa, Gnome, LibreOffice

Hello,
Since You and @kI3RO are on xfce, I’d like to add my two cents on the metter :slight_smile:
I did not change anything in Kvantum Manager.
I just installed qt6tc and set the background to kvantum, changed font, etc… just like @Strit said in his post above ( waaayy above :slight_smile: ).

From terminal

$ echo $QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME
qt5ct

So nothing is changed.
Hope this clears it for you…

Cheers…

1 Like

update also wiped my qbittorrent settings including my using a proxy which I dont appreciate as I’ve just accidentally exposed my ip.

qt6ct crashes with Segmentation fault when i select qt6gtk2. :frowning_face:
I could try setting directly through the config file, but i don’t want to risk it. I’ll do with qbittorrent-qt5 for the time being, until the paint dries.

To be continued…

Thank you very much! Can now unlock my system again.

/cheers

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Don’t change anything in Kvantum Manager.

In Kvantum Manager I have set only the theme to match my system theme and nothing else.
Current theme KVAdaptaMaiaDark it matches my system theme.

Open qt6tc and in Appearance first tab Style should be kvantum, Standard dialogs should be default or GTK3 your preference! For me both work.
Also set Icon Theme and the others to match your system. Apply and OK.
It works just fine for me for qBittorrent.

Edit qt6gtk2 → I don’t have that package installed.
Edit 2 However qBittorrent matches my system theme ( dark theme ) and works fine for now.

A post was split to a new topic: New Flatpak runtime updates available out of nowhere

Where is it? I can’t find it. Can you provide a full path to that option or a screenshot? There is no “Config->Apearence” anywhere, only “Configure active theme”. No menus or anything alike.

Edit, latest: Has since been updated and fixed.

Having issues with Brave browser (package brave-browser, v 1.34.80-1) …
After latest update it seems I can’t rearrange tabs without issue (opens new window instead of moving)
Anyone else seeing the same behaviour?

Edit: Clearing cache and reinstalling does not fix this

part of the issue on browser derived of chromium v97.0.4692.71, was fixed in v97.0.4692.99

2 Likes

Can confirm: 1279532 - chromium - An open-source project to help move the web forward. - Monorail
Time to return to Chrome stable

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Standard shortcuts for the some actions are not saved

I experienced the same issue but found that the keyboard shortcut (right click menu button > Configure Application Menu > Keyboard Shortcuts) was set to None, and changing this to any key combination at all re-enabled the super key to open the application menu.

2 Likes

Thanks mate :heart_eyes:

Try this custom UI draculatheme it is much better.

This helped me with the update problem:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Hi and welcome! I did not understand what problem you had with updates.

A post was split to a new topic: MEGAsync: Error unsetting QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME vble

Could that have forced an update to Brave 1.34.81 from an official repository mirror? The official repository is still stuck on Brave 1.34.80 for me. I’m waiting for version 1.34.81 to become available in the official repository so that I can update Brave and fix the tab reordering issue on my machine. I should have probably installed from AUR, it seems that brave-bin from AUR already has Brave 1.34.81 available.

When you read "Config->… " it is in the “xfce4-settings-manager”

Brave versions in all repos are sorted now.

2 Likes