[Stable Update] 2022-01-02 - Kernels, Systemd, KDE Frameworks, Mesa, Xorg-Server, Wine, Python 3.10

perhaps this post near the beginning of this thread would help?

I also noticed a second experience and suggestion…

Issues with AUR packages are off topic in Announcement threads.

ah, I’m an AMD user myself, so was not aware the nvidia optimus-manager was an AUR package

I had the Kodi-python problem on 3 HTPCs. I deleted the youtube addon folder from

~/.kodi/addons
~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data

and Kodi now works fine. Easy fix since I no longer use the youtube addon anyway.
The Endeavor post listed above goes into more detail. Downgrading python doesn’t seem to be necessary.

1 Like

== Update Fail ==

Why does the package core/filesystem complain about /usr/local/share/man, and by complain I mean:

error: extract: not overwriting dir with file /usr/local/share/man
error: problem occurred while upgrading filesystem
error: could not commit transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (transaction aborted)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
===> pacman -Fx /usr/local/share/man
usr/local/share/man is owned by core/filesystem 2021.01.19-1

# pacman -Fy usually runs after a successful install, so had to run it manually
===> pacman -Fx /usr/local/share/man
usr/local/share/man is owned by core/filesystem 2021.12.07-3

I use /usr/local/share/man/ directory tree for local man pages.

I created this directory some time ago, and have done updates with no problems.

== Update Success ==

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17534

I moved our man pages from /usr/local/share/man to /usr/local/man.

A post was split to a new topic: After the update gnomecast stopped working

I get stuck here in updating sway on x86_64:

Download of greetd-tuigreet (0.7.1-2) finished                                       
Checking keyring...                                                         [256/256]
Checking integrity...                                                       [256/256]
Error: greetd-tuigreet: signature from "Jonas Strassel <info@jonas-strassel.de>" is invalid
Removing invalid files and retrying...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Download of greetd-tuigreet (0.7.1-2) started                                        
Download of greetd-tuigreet (0.7.1-2) finished                                       
Checking keyring...                                                         [256/256]
Checking integrity...                                                       [256/256]
Error: greetd-tuigreet: signature from "Jonas Strassel <info@jonas-strassel.de>" is invalid
Error: Failed to commit transaction: invalid or corrupted package:```

greetd-tuigreet is a package from a 3rd party repository. Open an issue here: Issues · Manjaro-Sway/manjaro-sway · GitHub

I seem to be running more python reliant addons, as this didn’t work for me.

Since Arch enabled LTO by default, this driver is broken. Revision 2 in testing branch should fix that: upgpkg: amdvlk 2021.Q4.3-2: disable lto, that should fix segfaults · archlinux/svntogit-packages@7ce9dd7 · GitHub

1 Like

A few interesting observations, but everything was fixable and I could explain with confidence what was going on.

== 1 ==

I have seen the warning message below before, sometimes it is Firefox. The file did and does exist. Wondering if this is a real warning or just a missing leading slash?

checking available disk space...
warning: could not get file information for usr/lib/thunderbird/distribution/distribution.ini
:: Running pre-transaction hooks...

== 2 ==

I missed the 5.13 preset file when I cleaned up the 5.13 kernel awhile back, causing the messages below. I ran into some bumps along the way. At this point in time, all I needed to do was remove linux513.preset file.

==> Building image from preset: /etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux513.preset: 'default'
  -> -k /boot/vmlinuz-5.13-x86_64 -c /etc/mkinitcpio.conf -g /boot/initramfs-5.13-x86_64.img
==> ERROR: specified kernel image does not exist: `/boot/vmlinuz-5.13-x86_64'

== 3 ==

I don’t think I have ever installed a Manjaro update without seeing these messages. So far, they seem harmless :slight_smile:

warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: bashrc-manjaro will be installed before its bash dependency
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: freetype2 
warning: mesa
warning: lib32-mesa 
warning: lib32-harfbuzz 

This is what I get when I ran this:

Total Download Size:     63.60 MiB
Total Installed Size:  1972.47 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:         0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
:: Retrieving packages...
 libreoffice-fresh-7.2.4-1-x86_64 is up to date
 Total (  1/170)                                                                                     63.6 MiB   225 MiB/s 00:00 [#############################################################################] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'libreoffice-fresh-7.2.4-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' from manjaro.lucassymons.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (failed to retrieve some files)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> error installing repo packages

I had three Latte docks on my desktop - after the update only one shows up (the two others are just gone). Any kind of help how to get them back without starting from scratch is highly welcome!

I bumped into this one:
FS#73208 - Systemd-homed fails with systemd-250

Trying to solve it now, hopefully quickly. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Seems like the link states, downgrading to 249 solves the issue. So, I ran

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/systemd-249.7-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

and now I could login to that system.

As a further detail, this didn’t happen on my laptop yesterday where the LUKS encrypted storage doesn’t have a dedicated drive, only on my two desktops that have dedicated disk storage for my user home.

Everything is working except Kodi hanging up after the start. Hope the bug mentioned above gets fixed soon. :frowning:

2 Likes

The optimus manager was moved to the AUR with the last update. Just a strange coincidence?

1 Like

I have problem too,
My two monitors stopped working … NVIDIA offloading was broken with kernel ?
My optimus-manager is broken with new kernel.

Some minor problems with pip libraries … fixed with uninstall and install again … especially shodan shodan · PyPI

Fix roll back to LTS 5.10.89-1 version.
Don’t know if it’s needed, but I also reinstalled optimus-manager

ulauncher ist not working anymore. Error reported is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ulauncher", line 27, in <module>
    from ulauncher.main import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ulauncher'

I have no idea what that means…

I re-installed ulauncher and it’s working again; so this issue is resolved.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Errors during update; metadata, bad message, structure needs cleaning

Since this update (I guess due the new systemd) I got a lot of errors/warnings never seen before and the boot time is increased.

The errors/warnings:

gen 03 13:59:58 manjaro systemd[1]: Journal Audit Socket was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionSecurity=audit).
gen 03 13:59:58 manjaro systemd[1]: Create List of Static Device Nodes was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionFileNotEmpty=/lib/modules/4.14.260-1-MANJARO/modules.devname).
gen 03 13:59:59 manjaro systemd[1]: Journal Audit Socket was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionSecurity=audit).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Journal Audit Socket was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionSecurity=audit).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Repartition Root Disk was skipped because all trigger condition checks failed.
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: First Boot Wizard was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionFirstBoot=yes).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: First Boot Complete was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionFirstBoot=yes).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Rebuild Hardware Database was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionNeedsUpdate=/etc).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Create System Users was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionNeedsUpdate=/etc).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Virtual Machine and Container Storage (Compatibility) was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionPathExists=/var/lib/machines.raw).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Rebuild Dynamic Linker Cache was skipped because all trigger condition checks failed.
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Store a System Token in an EFI Variable was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionPathExists=/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/LoaderFeatures-4a67b082-0a4c-41cf-b6c7-440b29bb8c4f).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Commit a transient machine-id on disk was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionPathIsMountPoint=/etc/machine-id).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Rebuild Journal Catalog was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionNeedsUpdate=/var).
gen 03 12:59:59 hal9000 systemd[1]: Update is Completed was skipped because all trigger condition checks failed.
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Rebuild Dynamic Linker Cache was skipped because all trigger condition checks failed.
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Store a System Token in an EFI Variable was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionPathExists=/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/LoaderFeatures-4a67b082-0a4c-41cf-b6c7-440b29bb8c4f).
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: First Boot Wizard was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionFirstBoot=yes).
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: First Boot Complete was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionFirstBoot=yes).
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Rebuild Hardware Database was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionNeedsUpdate=/etc).
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Rebuild Journal Catalog was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionNeedsUpdate=/var).
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Commit a transient machine-id on disk was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionPathIsMountPoint=/etc/machine-id).
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Repartition Root Disk was skipped because all trigger condition checks failed.
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Create System Users was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionNeedsUpdate=/etc).
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Update is Completed was skipped because all trigger condition checks failed.
gen 03 13:00:00 hal9000 systemd[1]: Manage Sound Card State (restore and store) was skipped because of a failed condition check (ConditionPathExists=/etc/alsa/state-daemon.conf).

And the slow boot time is due systemd-binfmt.service which now tooks about two seconds during system startup.

EDIT:

I also get:

dbus-daemon[956]: writing oom_score_adj error: Permission denied
dbus-daemon[962]: writing oom_score_adj error: Permission denied
dbus-daemon[1002]: writing oom_score_adj error: Permission denied

But systemd-oomd.service, on my system, is disabled.