[Stable Update] 2021-10-16 - Haskell, Python, KDE Gear, KDE Framework, Thunderbird

Actually no. We’ve just made some changes more or less last minutes before the scheduled update so it’s not so polished. I’m trying to figure out what’s going on.

2 Likes

I updated the system with pamac update --aur. Now a few hours later I checked if something new is available with pamac checkupdates --no-aur and I get a “(null)” entry for a flatpak package:

$ pamac checkupdates --no-aur
1 available update:
(null)                              1.9.0     flathub

When I open the Pamac GUI to look what I get there, I get can see it is “Birdtray 1.9.0” waiting in Updates tab. Is this an issue I can ignore or should I investigate?

1 Like

Ok, good to hear that :slight_smile: And bad – because of bugs :frowning: First fix 0.5.6-19 didn’t fix anything even after reboot.

I had an issue with the pamac in the terminal that aborted my updates, but the GUI pamac came to the rescue… I suspect the updating mirrors to be playing a role here @ https://repo.manjaro.org/

Strange. I after your message, I tried pamac update --no-aur and it response with “Nothing to do.”. But why would the Pamac GUI update in this case, because it uses the same mirrors as the CLI. So the mirrors itself seems to be fine then. Only the CLI version is affected.

I could not complete the update.

«Unable to download the package ‘manjaro-settings-manager-kcm-0.5.6-16-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig’ from manjaro.lucassymons.net : The requested URL returned error: 404»

What can I do?

I had that issue running pamac from the terminal, but the pamac GUI was able to download the file and continue the update.

If that doesn’t work, you may need to wait for the mirrors to finish updating, or temporarily switch to an updated mirror… see https://repo.manjaro.org/

I solved it with pacman GUI, thanks

@acutbal @Hargard @ddns @Daniel-I @Tomek @zepar @xAndre @winnie @swarfega

Fixed with -20 version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As you can see we modified System Settings modules a bit to be more clear about those settings origin and removed modules that duplicate the functionality of KDE modules as a part of our communication with Nate Graham and KDE team. Our versions are still available from separate “Manjaro Settings Manager” application.

14 Likes

Confirming the fix, thank you!

Remember to push this to other branches, thank you!

I confirm too, the -20 version works fine.
Thanx for all.

Manjaro Tools seem to be at 21.1.2 when do these get updated?

Tools are getting their versions info from lsb-release of the host installed system.

Out of curiosity - what is the reason to ship the latest ISO’s with kernel 5.13.19 when it’s EoL?

7 Likes

Excellent. This looks better than before.
Also, after reinstalling the network card driver, the wake on lan is now working.

I also want newer (even 5.15) in ISOs.

Seems to be some users have more unresolved issues with the 5.14 than with 5.13, but 5.15 is still RC (officially beta testing version). It’s the only idea I can find under such releases.
The main point is to get more stable LiveCD while using or installing and to do not lose a new users who do not know what where are several kernels.

It is only my interpretation, I do not know Manjaro team thoughts.

Xfce, Kernel 4.14: with this system update all went fine as usual, except for the fact that still remains the problem with lightdm; I 've tried again to change the kernel, reinstall lightdm from scratch, but no solution.

We are still looking into the following issue. As soon as we have a solution we will push it to all branches: Hangs on file conflicts checking (#1138) · Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab

For the link posted from kde.org:
2 of the ‘reasons’ stated are vague and meaningless, Another 2 of those ‘reasons’ are specious:

Manjaro had issues with forum website SSL certificate in 2015 and 2016, so not recent

The community treasurer resigned following a dispute about releasing funds that should not have subsequently been made public on anti-social media

OP later admits that the final allegation about missing debug symbols is an Arch thing

OP later comment states having made no attempt to contact Manjaro about these allegations

Does KDE have a code of conduct?

1 Like