[Stable Update] 2021-10-16 - Haskell, Python, KDE Gear, KDE Framework, Thunderbird

Downgrading manjaro-settings-manager-kcm to 0.5.6-15 fixed the issue to me.

I am also experiencing the issue where the Manjaro Settings Manager has disappeared from System Preferences.

EDIT: Also meant to add that running sudo pamac update failed to complete because it ran into a mirror related issue…

https://osmirror.org/manjaro/stable/extra/x86_64/pamac-cli-10.2.2-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst: Error 404

… but the pamac GUI was able to download the file and complete installing the updates.

1 Like

Probably integration Manjaro Settings Manager with KDE System Settings was removed due to these reasons :man_shrugging: You can still use Manjaro settings as independent application.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your finding. If this is indeed true, I think this would make a great entry to the notable changes in the OP.

Had three mysterious errors after update:

1. pacman failed to download packages becuase was unable to rename *.part file to the final pkg file because the part file was missing. Restarting pacman failed it.
  2. After all pacman failed again at another pkg file because signature verficartion failed. estarting pacman again filed this as well.
  3. After reboot touchpad stopped working. After rebooting again it gets fixed for some reason. The keyboard worked well so I don’t get what was wrong.

Cases 1 and 2 seem to be pacman bug (race condition?). Case 3 - have no ideas
Comparing to my primary distribution, it wasn’t that smooth but works for now.

The slow caused by ‘suggestions’ in the search of Pamac is fixed. THANKS!!!

1 Like

can also confirm, that something is broken with manjaro-settings-manager-kcm

1 Like

Try now. Accidently pushed some redundant change (which is planned for 5.23 where structure of categories is changed).

@zepar which version?

Installed manjaro-settings-manager-kcm 0.5.6-19 but it does not seem to resolve the issue. Reboot required?

EDIT: Reboot had no effect.

Yes, i see now.

0.5.6-19, maybe a reboot is required, if other people report it working now, it should be fine

1 Like

After this update.

I don’t understand the thinking of the KDE people and their hate to arch-based distributions. It would make more sense for them to focus on arch right now, and forget about other distributions.
It is arch that will destroy all other desktop distributions when Steam Deck comes out, which will be as early as December!

3 Likes

Them’s fighting words coming from Nate. :boxing_glove:

I believe the opposite to be true: Manjaro is probably the best choice for KDE, looks the most elegant (compared to the vanilla “Toys R Us” theme), and has a sane rolling release schedule that brings in more polished KDE updates.

Guess I will no longer select “Manjaro” as my OS when submitting bug reports to their bugzilla. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

With today’s update the whole menu section of settings down to but not including appearance is missing. This includes kernel and hardware sections.

Actually no. We’ve just made some changes more or less last minutes before the scheduled update so it’s not so polished. I’m trying to figure out what’s going on.

2 Likes

I updated the system with pamac update --aur. Now a few hours later I checked if something new is available with pamac checkupdates --no-aur and I get a “(null)” entry for a flatpak package:

$ pamac checkupdates --no-aur
1 available update:
(null)                              1.9.0     flathub

When I open the Pamac GUI to look what I get there, I get can see it is “Birdtray 1.9.0” waiting in Updates tab. Is this an issue I can ignore or should I investigate?

1 Like

Ok, good to hear that :slight_smile: And bad – because of bugs :frowning: First fix 0.5.6-19 didn’t fix anything even after reboot.

I had an issue with the pamac in the terminal that aborted my updates, but the GUI pamac came to the rescue… I suspect the updating mirrors to be playing a role here @ https://repo.manjaro.org/

Strange. I after your message, I tried pamac update --no-aur and it response with “Nothing to do.”. But why would the Pamac GUI update in this case, because it uses the same mirrors as the CLI. So the mirrors itself seems to be fine then. Only the CLI version is affected.