[Stable Update] 2021-06-14 - Kernels, Browsers, Mesa, Deepin, Systemd, Gnome Apps 40.2, Pipewire, Haskell

pacman is the way to go on any Arch based distro. Pamac is a graphical tool to pacman and an AUR/flatpak/snap helper.

//EDIT: also to update you have to read your screens, you can’t update because you have packages that block the update lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer and libcanberra-gstreamer, so remove these package that are now non existent in the repos, and update the system. No need to use other tools, use pacman and read your screens.

7 Likes

Nope, pamac is the cli and pamac-manager is the gui. pacman is cli too. :wink:

2 Likes

Apart this update (That raises major questions to me as forcing pamac) I always use pacman & bauh (that also inclused PWA installs) or Topgrade

1 Like

I updated using pamac and I didn’t get any preventive information related to this error.

2 Likes

KDE Plasma, kernel 5.10. I had the same message while upgrading via the GUI…reading some of the difficulties encountered on the forum, I immediately cancelled the update procedure…!

Afterwards, I went though Konsole/terminale typing “sudo pamac upgrade”.

Smooth reboot, all is well :wink:

For this error, does someone have a clear answer as to what to do?
or a link to the procedure?

can we just delete lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer and libcanberra-gstreamer?
this is my first failed install in a long time although I’ve had unanswered libGL error: MESA-LOADER errors since the previous update.

3 Likes

Yes remove these packages before the update these packages have been removed. The initial post should have cleared that but the info is not in it.

4 Likes

ok thank you, that’s nice and clear :slight_smile:

Two of three computers the update went fine, but on one computer I get a kernel panic on boot:
junk in compressed file archive.
:frowning_face:

Kernel Panic now, typing from phone. Ok so bad update, what is the solution to this please?

2 Likes

Thank you very much. This worked perfectly! :star_struck:

I solved the problem with this recipe from @omano . Tank you.

Updated with pamac, everything was smooth.

Removing lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer and libcanberra-gstreamer worked just fine and I updated with pacman.

There was a new mkinitcpio.conf pacnew file that required merging but all it added was a zstd compression option.

Not sure if the libcanberra workaround merits an edit of the wiki post so I’ll leave that for somebody else’s discretion.

2 Likes

Still in kernel panic and getting user panic too as I chose stable branch to avoid this kind of thing :laughing:
I just tried this Kernel panic message - #3 by Aragorn
Sorry on mobile…
Still stuck in kernel panic, can someone please help?

I’d be interested in a definite answer to that question as well.

2 Likes

Did anyone help you out here? This is the same issue I’m facing

1 Like

Be patient. I’m sure there will be a solution posted here soon.

1 Like

Hi,

Did you see this post further up?

I did and tried it but I get :

grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map