[Stable Update] 2021-06-14 - Kernels, Browsers, Mesa, Deepin, Systemd, Gnome Apps 40.2, Pipewire, Haskell

Kernel Panic now, typing from phone. Ok so bad update, what is the solution to this please?

2 Likes

Thank you very much. This worked perfectly! :star_struck:

I solved the problem with this recipe from @omano . Tank you.

Updated with pamac, everything was smooth.

Removing lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer and libcanberra-gstreamer worked just fine and I updated with pacman.

There was a new mkinitcpio.conf pacnew file that required merging but all it added was a zstd compression option.

Not sure if the libcanberra workaround merits an edit of the wiki post so Iā€™ll leave that for somebody elseā€™s discretion.

2 Likes

Still in kernel panic and getting user panic too as I chose stable branch to avoid this kind of thing :laughing:
I just tried this Kernel panic message - #3 by Aragorn
Sorry on mobileā€¦
Still stuck in kernel panic, can someone please help?

Iā€™d be interested in a definite answer to that question as well.

2 Likes

Did anyone help you out here? This is the same issue Iā€™m facing

1 Like

Be patient. Iā€™m sure there will be a solution posted here soon.

1 Like

Hi,

Did you see this post further up?

I did and tried it but I get :

grub-probe: error: cannot find a GRUB drive for /dev/sdb1. Check your device.map

I have two questions:
I have warning:
Attention: cryptsetup: local (2.3.6-1) is higher than core (2.3.5-4)
and
Update mkinitcpio (29-1.0 -> 30-1) /etc/mkinitcpio.conf installed as /etc/mkinitcpio.conf.pacnew.
Should I make something with mkinitcpio.conf.pacnew?

Ran sudo pamac update and everything went fine, seemed to take care of the conflicts.

I have exact same problem. I used Timeshift to restore my system to the previous version.

I updated the system using pamac which was apparently good, but on reboot I get the kernel panic. Now I am going to try the solution in [Stable Update] 2021-06-14 - Kernels, Browsers, Mesa, Deepin, Systemd, Gnome Apps 40.2, Pipewire, Haskell - #15 by simonb

MkInitCpio issue Iā€™ve to fix. We donā€™t have all kernels supporting zstd compression by default.

1 Like

How can you do that when the system is in kernel panic and wonā€™t boot?

Testing has mkinitcpio 29-1.0, so problem version seems to have skipped Testing.

Download an Installation image, write it to a flash drive and boot from that.

Issue with mkinitcpio fixed. Those who have kernel panics on old kernels, may need to get a Manjaro install media to fix it via chroot: Run live system start terminal run su to be root run manjaro-chroot -a edit etc/mkinitcpio.conf as shown in the link run mkinitcpio -P exit chroot and reboot.

4 Likes