[Stable Update] 2021-05-19 - Kernels, Nvidia, KDE Frameworks, Plasma, Systemd, LibreOffice, KDE Gear Mobile, FF, TB

Why would you even add nvdia drivers update if it’s not ready yet. Literally spent hours fixing it, eventually ending up with nouveau. :-1:

4 Likes

@Manjaro team After update the reboot was necessary → my reboot stopped with black screen. I had to do 2 times (twice) Ctrl+Alt+Del in order to make reboot hapenning successfully. Should I (or could I) do something about this ?

Similar to this? [Stable Update] 2021-05-19 - Kernels, Nvidia, KDE Frameworks, Plasma, Systemd, LibreOffice, KDE Gear Mobile, FF, TB - #68 by CalibratedCabbage

Right after updating, I started getting

The window switcher installation is broken, resources are missing.

Every time I ALT+TAB’d.
Haven’t rebooted yet

EDIT: reboot made it go away it seems

A post was split to a new topic: Make zsh default in Plasma and XFCE editions

A post was split to a new topic: Imagemagick6 build problem

@CalibratedCabbage My reboot issue does not look (to me) like yours. I had this quite minor issue only in one desktop, not in laptops. My now, after this (Ctrl+Alt+Del) was done, this does not happen any more in the desktop in question.

1 Like

The amdgpu-bug causing a lockup after suspend still seems present in 5.12.2
Haven’t dared to check latest 5.11, as I will then lose 5.11.6, which is the last (known to me) working kernel from 5.11 without lockups after suspend (on my Ryzen 4600U-based laptop).

For anyone affected, 5.10.32+ seems fine, too.

Can be issue of your GTK theme, but similar one/related is already reported (if I’m not wrong).

You may downgrade pamac to the actual repo version.
sudo pacman -Syyuu

How long did you wait with the black screen? My laptop took much longer than usual on the next boot - looks like it was running fsck - but it booted up fine…

In case it helps, I had Compiz issues (on XFCE) after updating - including no ability to run CompizConfig. Chose to rebuild it (from within Pamac [10.0.6-2] “compiz-easy-patch 0.9.14.1-4”) and it required a new/updated dependency (sorry - clicked through accidentally before noting precisely what it was!).

After that rebuild and another restart, Compiz has been working as it was before the update.

Kernel 5.10.36-2-MANJARO
XFCE
amdgpu

1 Like

Can somebody help about real issues that make your routine suffer, instead of people reporting random inconveniences like “my buttons are all wrong” and burying other posts?

2 Likes

If people have issues, it is better to post in our support section so they can be addressed one by one. Also look if someone already posted about your issue.

3 Likes

Manjaro awesome edition updated to latest stable 21.0.5: Release Manjaro awesome 21.05 stable · bittin/iso-build · GitHub

Spyder does not start, how to fix this?

Jawad ➜ spyder
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 568, in _build_master
ws.require(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 886, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 777, in resolve
raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
pkg_resources.ContextualVersionConflict: (decorator 5.0.7 (/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages), Requirement.parse('decorator<5'), {'spyder-kernels'})

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/spyder", line 33, in <module>
sys.exit(load_entry_point('spyder==5.0.0', 'gui_scripts', 'spyder')())
  File "/usr/bin/spyder", line 25, in importlib_load_entry_point
return next(matches).load()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/metadata.py", line 77, in load
module = import_module(match.group('module'))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1030, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 680, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 855, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 228, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/spyder/app/start.py", line 34, in <module>
from spyder.utils.external import lockfile
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/spyder/utils/external/lockfile.py", line 31, in <module>
from spyder.utils.programs import is_spyder_process
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/spyder/utils/programs.py", line 29, in <module>
import pkg_resources
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3243, in <module>
def _initialize_master_working_set():
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3226, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 3255, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 570, in _build_master
return cls._build_from_requirements(__requires__)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 583, in _build_from_requirements
dists = ws.resolve(reqs, Environment())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 772, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req, requirers)
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'decorator<5' distribution was not found and is required by spyder-kernels
~
✗

is out of date : https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/spyder/ we have same version
or downgrade python-decorator ?

After downgrading Python-decorator to 4.4.2-4 now Spyder launch just for few seconds then crashes :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure if it’s relevant to post this here because I’m not sure it’s a distro specific bug, bug the fwupd package behavior completely changed after this update : I used to find several updatables components in the tool, and now with 1.6 and the added dependency fwupd-efi, it only shows an UEFI database (in terminal or in gnome-firmware).

Edit : sorry seems to be an normal behavior without AC plugged in…

1 Like

Update went smoothly, except for two little hiccups:

1. The update server seemed extremely slow and it took my pamac 221 minutes to download the 1.3 GB of updates. My internet was not to blame, as everything else could access the full speed.
  2. After finally finishing the download, I encountered the same error as Thunderpants and igs with plasma-desktop-primex. Replacing primex with just plasma-desktop via sudo pacman -S plasma-desktop seems to have worked and the update went through without issue after that.