[Stable Update] 2021-04-09 - Kernels, Systemd, Gnome 40 Apps, Mesa 21.0.1, Kernels, Browsers

this solve ma sound issue :

sudo cp /etc/pipewire/media-session.d/media-session.conf.pacnew /etc/pipewire/media-session.d/media-session.conf

And i also copying this:

sudo cp /etc/pipewire/media-session.d/alsa-monitor.conf.pacnew /etc/pipewire/media-session.d/alsa-monitor.conf

1 Like

Hi ya!!!
This works for me!
Many thanks!

After the update the trackpad on my Dell XPS 9500 Laptop stopped working using Kernel 5.11. Switching to 5.10 solved the issue.

There was an upgrade for it this morning. Seems to have fixed it with that:

$ speedtest-cli
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from rain (197.185.107.11)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Mweb (Johannesburg) [28.57 km]: 26.973 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 44.13 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 23.62 Mbit/s

This worked for me :+1:
Many thanks!

1 Like

This worked for me :+1:
Many thanks!

X Error of failed request: GLXBadFBConfig
Major opcode of failed request: 153 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 0 ()
Serial number of failed request: 224
Current serial number in output stream: 224

Almost same error, but overriding gl version works only to enable games in POL to start, then to freeze.

1 Like

Would you be so kind and enlighten those of us who have no idea how?

Everything went smooth in both my Thinkpad E14 and HP pavilion x2 detachable (both running Gnome).

I havenā€™t switched to pipewire yet.

Sound, video, suspend, touchscreen and automatic rotation, all checks out fine.
All the updated apps to Gnome 40 seem to work fine. Canā€™t wait for the full upgrade!

Thanks for your work!

When GNOME Shell 40 is coming?

1 Like

Mine looks like this in /etc/default/grub. For safetyā€™s sake, backup grub first.

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command 'videoinfo'
GRUB_GFXMODE=auto

# Uncomment one of them for the gfx desired, a image background or a gfxtheme
#GRUB_BACKGROUND="/usr/share/grub/background.png"
GRUB_THEME="/usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt"

When I was using a custom theme, I had to set GRUB_GFXMODE=1024x768

sudo update-grub after you make the changes

I fixed it by uninstallng and then reinstalling vlc from pamac with all the dependencies and rebooting

Virtualbox: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)

EDIT: I think Iā€™ve worked out the problem, which makes it not related to the update. I used Windows yesterday (fastboot not enabled, and not dual-boot), which I guess made the HDDs read only. As a knock-on effect of that, the Virtual Box images were also read-only, which may have prevented VB from working properly. I logged into Windows and then restarted the PC. VB is working again and the drives are no longer read only.

This was an issue in a previous update, now back again. Rebooting had no effect.
My user is in the vboxusers group:

I also ran the command: sudo usermod --append --groups vboxusers lee as suggested in the 30th Dec 2020 stable update announcement (older issues).

I also removed and then reinstalled the latest extensions pack form the official site.

better with variable sudo usermod --append --groups vboxusers $USER :wink:

Yeah, I did that the first time, and then thought the $USER may have been a placeholder for the actual user and replaced it with my user, which didnā€™t work either.

I now have three drives locked in read-only mode as well now.

I also have the same problem. Hope this will be fixed soon.

If everything is still working well for you using pulseaudio, then thereā€™s no need to rush. Pipewire is still a pretty new thing as a full audioserver replacement, so there might still be some issues.

4 Likes

Xfce, Kernel 4.14.
Just a minor issue, due to the fact that fontconfig changed the path from /etc/fonts/conf.avail/ to /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/; I just had to execute:
sudo ln -fs /usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/11-lcdfilter-default.conf /etc/fonts/conf.d/ to have back the lcd filter (in facts fonts looked a little bit ugly without such conf file). I used the -f flag because in the target direcory there was the broken symlink: so I overwrite it with the new config file.

3 Likes

@Cheker
In your explanation which worked for me, is it not the word ā€œquietā€ that you need to remove and not ā€œsilentā€ ?

Thanks, Iā€™ve backed up the system and will give it a try.
Not sure what pip is, but Iā€™ll look it up.
I always do the larger system updates with pacman from a terminal.
Small updates through the graphical installer.

Wish me luck!