[Stable Update] 2021-03-08- Kernels, Plasma 5.21.2, Haskell, Kodi, Grub, KDE-Dev

Related to grub not finding other OSs: It is wanted by upstream to do so for security reasons: broken patch; fixed patch.

1 Like

Windows dual boot broken. Surprisingly, no one checked this before release. It is enough to run update-grub to get problems.

2 Likes

All fine here: linux510 + XFCE + LUKS / BTRFS
possible to update the meta Pakages for linux-lts and linux-latest

@nightmare-2021 and @philm ?

Edit:

Upgraded to linux511 and I removed the Meta packages I do manual Kernel upgrades now mhwd-kernel -i linuxYZZ

Update works fine here without any problems :+1:

Thanks to the manjaro-team.

regards
caho

Update went smoothly here (Lenovo Ideapad 5 14 with AMD 4600U), but wake from standby doesn’t seem to work anymore with kernel 5.11.2 (coming from the 5.10 series).
I briefly see a corrupted screen, then a black screen with mouse pointer, which can still be moved. After a couple of seconds mouse pointer freezes and I have to shut the laptop down…

Went back to 5.10 for now, maybe I’ll retry later with 5.11 series after a couple more fixes.

we might drop both packages with the next stable update cycle …

1 Like

Same here, and to add insult to injury grub style was set to hidden so I was initially completely blind.
Restored style to menu, realised windows had diappeared, so had to reset os_prober in /etc/default/grub as well, grub-mkconfig to check and update-grub to restore in working order.
I really wasn’t expecting to be debugging computers tonight.
M.

There’s a line to add at the beginning of /etc/default/grub, bottom of the first option block :

GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false

Then run grub-mkconfig to check the script, and finally update-grub (as root).

7 Likes

Thanks. Apparently this is now standard grub behavior.

1 Like

All good after update on: Lenovo T420s with Linux 5.10.x and i3.

Big thanks to all involved in the Manjaro’s development.

after edit etc/default/grub all is ok

With new chromium 89 : not a bug but a feature :smile: connection to google account is no longer possible

A post was split to a new topic: Icons in System Tray are not normally visible

I also had the GRUB issue and the weird thing is al of a sudden I had an Ubuntu boot option in my BIOS and in the output of sudo efibootmgr -v
Never installed Ubuntu, had a KDE Neon install in the past but I’m 100% sure I already removed all unnecessary boot options in the past.
I have a dual boot system, Manjaro KDE and Manjaro i3 on seperate drives with each their own bootloader.
After adding the GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false to GRUB, reinstalling GRUB on both drives, updating GRUB, running mkinitcpio -P and deleting all unwanted entries in efibootmgr the system seems stable again.

Now I finally can have a bite to eat cause I’m starving!

1 Like

Why that?

3 Likes

Update works fine without any problems.
Thanks to the manjaro-team!

It was a flawless update until I rebooted a second time and noticed my system was booting up straight to Manjaro :neutral_face:

Oh man! my significant would have killed me if she was not able to boot up Windows (I don’t care in my case anyway) :joy:

Adding the line in the GRUB config and running grub-mkconfig and then update-grub as others suggested above worked for me, so no Timeshift for now. :slightly_smiling_face:

To the Team, thanks again. Looks like you guys have been busy rolling out updates every two weeks. What about a little break for summer?? :+1:

2 Likes

Everything went fine. KDE desktop with AMD GPU.
Full support for your right to declare your beliefs, and this case complete support those beliefs as well.

Like many other people, I had to re-enable OS prober 'cause I dual boot with Win10. It’s fine now.

1 Like

Thank you! Same problem here with Grub. This solved the problem :slight_smile:

Thanks @Hefty for the tip.