[Stable Update] 2021-03-08- Kernels, Plasma 5.21.2, Haskell, Kodi, Grub, KDE-Dev

Long shot, but maybe check the .conf files and make sure they are valid? Or try a different kernel?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lenovo_ThinkPad_T420#Fans

Same problem here. XFCE

obrazek

I’m using flameshot-git and not seeing this issue. However, qBittorrent’s is either blank or black on black; I can’t tell which.

Update works well so far. I was dual-booting as well and used the quick-fix mentioned (enable os-prober manually). Thanks and happy Women’s Day to all the great devs behind the project!

Update seems to be working so far, but I have a question.
After the update, I checked the orphans tab on pamac and it lists the packages alsa-card-profiles and python-asn1crypto. Both of them indicate that they were installed as dependencies for another package, and their dependency tab both do not have any “Required by” entries. Is it safe for me to uninstall these packages? They’re both “too deep” into the system for me to even be aware of their existence until today, so I don’t think I’ve fiddled with anything related to them, but them being system files that I do not understand, I want to ask here anyway just to be sure.

Hi. Issues with screen sharing still persists. I don’t have enough technical knowledge to fix it manually, and this issue carries from 2 stable updates. First reported in Screen Sharing issue at the end of January. I need it to work. Any news/Suggestions?

Hi,
pacman -Sii <package name> shows reverse dependencies. Also, if you try to uninstall the packages, pacman/pamac will try to uninstall dependant packages. So, just inquire the remove list that programs show you.
Good luck!

No issues here on two machines, both XFCE, kernel 5.10. Thanks to the Manjaro team.

I got it to work, is it just for now, a workaround or a permanent fix for the issue with dual-boot?

Thank You!

after the update grub does not see windows 10 which is installed on another disk

Mate, look at the announcement. It helps :slight_smile:

No new issues here (5.10, Plasma). Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone!

KDE Plasma user here.
The latest wine 6.3-1 installation appears to be broken.
None of my VST plugins (*.dll files) work with LMMS after this update.
Can somebody confirm this ?

Other than that everything seems to be working
Thank you.

Unfortunately I cannot up-vote this time. I cannot work with LMMS and my plugins anymore, and I have to wait for the next update for a possible (?) fix.

Luckily I still have kubuntu 20.04 LTS in cases like this one

Regards
Vas

See above.

2 Likes

From what I read, it sounds permanent.

1 Like

Updated via terminal, then GRUB is booting to a black screen, without the option to run Windows 8.1, then straight to Linux. Panic!

Hi @elia,

As per the update announcement you just posted in:

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Firefox is not visible in sound applet

Install KDE and downgrade powerdevil? Lol, no, sorry, no other ideas. I haven’t used Gnome since version 2.