[Stable Update] 2021-02-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.21.1, Frameworks 5.79, Firefox, Thunderbird, Python

Quick check everything works tried YT yep good, Geeqie was frozen for the last few weeks and I kept forgetting to mention that, use it only once maybe twice a week comparing before and after images tweaked in gimp, after this update it’s working again and I must try to not forget to mention items,
KDE LTS Intel i7 Update with TTY Dual screens
To all the Manjaro team
Thank You

Did you get the solution to work? I don’t remember using polkit rules before. Maybe I don’t remember as well either. Does it disable the function or does it remove the option? Just curious. Thanks.

System Settings > Appearance > Icons > Configure Icon Sizes > Panel

No problems here on Manjaro Cinnamon. :+1:

I do wish the “LTS” badge was shown on kernel 5.10 in Manjaro Settings Manager, though. That’s the only thing that still sticks out in my mind, and yes, it’s a nitpick. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks unfortunately that doesn’t change the size of icons for the third-party apps on the bar. huge-icons — ImgBB

Problem seems solved after downgrading to kernel 5.9.16-1-MANJARO.
I was using 5.10

Same procedure as everytime: No problems on two XFCE systems. Thanks to manjaro team for the work.

Everything went fine, only some of my KDE desktop widgets got reset and the OSD indicator on keyboard layout change stopped working, but I don’t need it anyways.

It’s a bit confusing.
It worked after I made the edit, as the suspend option was gone from the logout menu. But for some bizarre reason it’s returned since, which has left me stumped.
There’s a “99-manjaro.rules” file which also mentions hibernate & suspend and apparently returns “polkit.Result.YES” but I’m very much flying blind as I haven’t the slightest clue what polkit is, what it’s for and how to manipulate it.

1 Like

I hadn’t seen this thread before starting a thread asking for help. A lot of stuff didn’t update due to dependencies…

I’d really love some help because I’m a noob with Linux. Whether unfortunate or not, I went through every other package and updated what I could and those 16 items won’t update due to dependencies not being satisfied and my inability to genuinely troubleshoot it (with a good peppering of impatience to boot).

Thanks in advance.

This is my sudo pacman -Syyu output;

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                               165.3 KiB  3.05 MiB/s 00:00 [##############################################] 100%
 extra                                             1987.4 KiB  13.9 MiB/s 00:00 [##############################################] 100%
 community                                            6.6 MiB  13.9 MiB/s 00:00 [##############################################] 100%
 multilib                                           181.4 KiB  13.6 MiB/s 00:00 [##############################################] 100%
:: Some packages should be upgraded first...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) manjaro-system-20210302-1

Total Download Size:   0.02 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.00 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
:: Retrieving packages...
 manjaro-system-20210302-1-any                       21.5 KiB  1268 KiB/s 00:00 [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                  [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                     [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                               [##############################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space                                             [##############################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) upgrading manjaro-system                                                  [##############################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Checking which packages need to be rebuilt
foreign libunity

:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: sndio: local (20180120-1) is newer than community (1.7.0-3)
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing lib32-libelf (0.183-3) breaks dependency 'lib32-elfutils' required by lib32-mesa-git
:: installing lib32-llvm-libs (11.1.0-1) breaks dependency 'lib32-llvm-libs=11.0.1' required by lib32-mesa-git
:: installing llvm-libs (11.1.0-1) breaks dependency 'llvm-libs=11.0.1' required by mesa-git

Everything is OK for me.

• I have XFCE as DE.
  • Root partition : btrfs
  • Home partition : xfs

Thank you :beers:

Hi,

This post from further up the thread may be helpful:

1 Like

Thanks, works great!

1 Like

No issues for me - KDE, Kernel 5.10. Thanks a lot!

Thank you!

3 Likes

Where do you buy this? @BlueWizard

Hi @pheiduck, I bought it on the official manjaro shop, reachable from Manjaro homepage (Manjaro Merch & Accessories)

my-manjaro-cup

1 Like

Thanks I design it, which one do you have on the back from the cup?

2 Likes

Update on 12 Systems without Problems.

DK3

Hi! I’m a new user. Since a couple of weeks ago I’ve seen some people having problems with pipewire. I haven’t noticed any problems because of it until this week, in my case I can´t share Desktop on Microsoft Teams. I have seen the same problem during the last update, and because some folks on the AUR comments about problems with Teams pipewire dependencies or broken packages, thar results in a number of post as well even having problems so they can’t get Screen Sharing work in any application.

Please excuse my english, i’m new here!

Cheers,
Kernel 5.10, GNOME on Xorg Session