[Stable Update] 2021-02-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.21.1, Frameworks 5.79, Firefox, Thunderbird, Python

Please open a support thread if you need help fixing issues. It is good to report them but AUR issues are definitely not to be reported in the Manjaro update threads, as it is not related to Manjaro.

Thanks!. Sorry for the inconveniance. Thereā€™s already an open thread on Issues with screen sharing so I made a comment to avoid duplicate. Just saying that iā€™ve seen some other threads having problems with Screen Sharing with any application, so I donā€™t know if it could be a problem with pipewire. Iā€™m a new user so I donā€™t fully understand this so I face the same problem on Microsoft Teams. Greetings!

Update went smoothly, now on Plasma 5.21.1 and the 5.11 kernel. The only thing is that KDE added a nice gui for managing firewalls, and a new system monitor. Neither of those appear to be included. Is there any reason they were left out or held back by the Manjaro developers?

Iā€™m going out on a limb here. polkit is like policy editor. I donā€™t like using registry values to alter options in WindowsĀ®. It is a regular occurrence with Linux. Iā€™m guessing the button is there in the menu but clicking on it does nothing ? or not what is intended? I have a suspend in my log out menu; however, it does nothing.

They are available in the repos, and not part of your current installation, you need to install them manually, Manjaro will not force installing new software, even if they will be part of future default ISO configuration.

muvvenbyā€™s reply to that post was exactly what worked! Thank you!

I donā€™t know if the button does anything and Iā€™m not going to (deliberately) try it, because my experience on the couple of occasions Iā€™ve accidentally hit it has been that my computer suspends but thereā€™s no way other than a power-cycle to get it back.
ā€¦which is why Iā€™m keen to get rid of the buttonā€¦

[Edit]: ah! Now Iā€™ve found why the button suddenly appeared. Iā€™d changed my desktop theme and for some strange reason, the Andromeda theme shows the suspend button, while others donā€™t. So evidently Andromeda has the button hard-coded, which is a pain as I was liking the look of it.

Cura does not work anymore. The error message is

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cura", line 23, in <module>
    import Arcus  # @UnusedImport
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Arcus'

I got some issues with KDE, I donā€™t know what it is but some elements are redrawing and sometimes the window shadow is blinking.
I have no idea what cause this but seems to be the compositor.

1 Like

Thank you, omano! I will do that.

Got a problem since I updated. Had used the 5.11 before and after the update. I made a post about this.

Essentially what happens is: I am getting a hardware error. Probably due to my (quite new) hardware.

Hi,

I have not find the new breeze twilight theme in the settings.
is it possible to download it somewhere?

thanks and stay safe

@moxfulder,

:joy::joy::joy: I absolutely loove your username! Itā€™s friggin BRILLIANT!!!

1 Like

breeze twilight is for next version 5.22

thanks you .

thanks

itā€™s my human name ; I am from another planet :alien:

1 Like

If truly eo, you wouldnā€™t even HAVE a human name. Unlessā€¦

I thought that the problem of having to keep selecting the right audio channel every time I turn on the PC was going to be solved but the problem still persists

I seems to be getting an odd issue that hasnā€™t been reported here yet. On KDE, with kernel 5.11, the compositor keeps crashing and needs restarting after locking the screen and one of three screens also disconnects at the same time.

Edit: I read the thread too quicky and I noticed some users with a similar/possibly related issues

I have a related issue regarding the compositor. The compositor seems to crash every time I lock my computer and I see some graphical glitches at times. Do you have several displays ? It seems that the compositor in KDE has some minor issues in this update.

1 Like