[Stable Update] 2021-02-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.21.1, Frameworks 5.79, Firefox, Thunderbird, Python

Will Kodi 19 be added in next stable updates? They finally made the switch to python3 I think.
Edit:
Can someone explain what this is?

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
( 1/26) Creating system user accounts...
Creating group saned with gid 952.
Creating user saned (SANE daemon user) with uid 952 and gid 952.
1 Like

Fine for me. Had to spend a bit of time reconfiguring the launcher but everything is great. Thanks to the Manjaro team - great OS!!

Not sure if this is the right place for that complaint, but the new KDE start menu is now a lot less easy to use with a keyboard. Previously I was able to press Win and then start navigating up or down with arrows keys in the favourites list, now I first need to press right and then can’t wrap around to the bottom by going above the top.
Also, the order of my favourites was jumbled and the defaults (GUI updater etc.) were added again, but since I had to reorder everything important to the top anyway, that doesn’t matter, I guess.

1 Like

Update went well, no issues but slow download-speed. the new application launcher is weird, i’m not used of it and don’t feel comfortable with it. is there a way to configure it to the old fashioned mode? i haven’t find a way till now.

Right click on the launcher button. This will give you the option to try other types of launcher (show alternatives) or configure your current launcher.

I use the Application Launcher option and it’s changed but I have it quite similar to how it used to be in terms of functionality. I like it fine.

Xfce, Kernel 4.14.

All went fine and smooth as usual.

In this update I see NetworkManager updated to 1.30.0-1 and is blatantly improved in terms of loading time and in the terms of signal strenght: my wifi adapter (TP-Link Archer T9UH) in the room where the laptop is placed (the router is distant two rooms and two doors), used to have a signal of about 70/71%; now, also after several reboots, it always take a signal of 82-84%; IDK if is just a cosmetic change of nm-applet, but as I’ve said, the wifi connection is blatantly fatser to load.

Long live rolling release!

EDIT:
I’ve found a minor issue with x86_energy_perf_policy package, reported here:

[Stable Update] 2021-02-28: x86_energy_perf_policy: unsupported CPU

1 Like

Excellent. No issues here :smiley:

1 Like

No issues updating.

How do I remove the Suspend option from the new kde launcher 2.0 tho?

I tried that already, but it doesn’t bring back the old style. I also don’t like the only alternative it offers. I actually do prefer the grid that is now the default, but it should at least select the first entry there by default for better keyboard navigation. And I don’t care about the categories, which are now always visible.

Also, my secondary monitor now shows desktop icons again the background got reset.

I’m quite sure that it is not the right place, but having the same complaint, I really like the new look of the start menu :slight_smile: It is not so hard to browse using arrow keys (and alt+arrow) btw, but I don’t have right arrow and have to use numlock everytime.

All fine on linux510 + LUKS/BTRFS + XFCE
Only need to downgrade xfce4-power-manger to 1.6.6 (use only for monitor MX Master mouse Battery State
AC Icon is still broken
Other then that there are no issues

Also switched to telegram-desktop-manjaro

All fine on linux511 + LUKS/EXT4 + GNOME+ video-nvidia

1 Like

The installer is creating the system user and group for saned package (scanner access now easy).

linux-headers-latest and linux-api-headers are still on 5.10, other than that everything went fine with Cinnamon, running on an r5 3600.

1 Like

All ok…seems this update is more stable than previous one…:ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

dotnet snap is broken after this update.

$ dotnet run
fish: “dotnet run” terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)

Updated backup system OK. Kernel updated to 5.10.18 but kernel on working system not updated - still on 5.9.16 which is marked EOL. Only difference between the two is that the working system is on SSD. Any ideas?

How do I make/build myself an ISO of the current stable stream of packages? I think its not officially available. Only developer builds are.

Thank you. That msg seemed unusual.

Hi Guys,

Can you help me, please? I am seeing a message saying:

:: Starting full system upgrade…
resolving dependencies…
:: There are 2 providers available for glfw:
:: Repository community

1. glfw-wayland 2) glfw-x11

Enter a number (default=1):

I didn’t have glfw installed before, and I am not sure which option should I get?

My machine

Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.10.15-1-MANJARO
Uptime: 23m
Packages: 2101
Shell: bash 5.1.0
Resolution: 3840x1080
DE: Xfce4
WM: Xfwm4
WM Theme: WhiteSur-light
GTK Theme: WhiteSur-light [GTK2]
Icon Theme: WhiteSur
Font: Lucida Grande Medium 12
Disk: 615G / 1,5T (42%)
CPU: Intel Core i7-8550U @ 8x 4GHz [39.0°C]
GPU: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 620 (rev 07)
RAM: 5150MiB / 15907MiB

Cheers!