[Stable Update] 2021-02-19 - Kernels, AMDVLK, Palemoon, Firefox-dev, Firefox, Haskell, Python

The update went smooth on all my GNOME machines.

Keep up the good work!

Everything working fine on Manjaro KDE with AMD Ryzen, great job! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: How can I revert changes to the firefox startpage

• File a bug with VLC upstream
  • try creating an additional user (E.G. RoestVrijStaal2) and see if it happens there too.

Any concern about this news related to the new format of initramfs images (from gzip to zstd) ?
https://archlinux.org/news/moving-to-zstandard-images-by-default-on-mkinitcpio/

We’ve been posting about that for a very long time and stopped posting about it in the meantime. Last time we posted was in 2020-10-10:

More specifically:

1 Like

Hi,
with this update, this bug is still present:

can someone tell me if there is a package that I can downgrade for fix the issue? It’s annoying

This is about the default mkinitcpio uses when building and that is a different kind of heads up if I understand it correctly, eg if you don’t actively do anything you might end up in a situation where the booting of a kernel prior then 5.9 will result in a non bootable system. So when you have kernel 5.9 or earlier running you have to edit configuration option in mkinitcpio.conf to prevent a broken boot.

2 Likes

Update on 10 Systems without Problems.

DK3

Hi @salome,

I use KDE, but I’ve just installed lxtask to test this and mine works flawlessly.

• Are you sure you default browser is set correctly?
  • Or it might be a MIME type association.

Unfortunately, I don’t know where else to check or/and test.

Hope this helps.

Edit:

Accoring to this page:

Alternate way is to add the following line export BROWSER=/usr/bin/firefox to your ~/.bashrc

So, assuming you use ZSH, the command to make that permanent would be:

$ echo "export BROWSER=<directory_to_browser_executable>" >> ~/.zshrc

If you use bash the command would be:

$ echo "export BROWSER=<directory_to_browser_executable>" >> ~/.bashrc

For example, in my case the directory is

/usr/bin/firefox

So the command would be

$ echo "export BROWSER=/usr/bin/firefox" >> ~/.zshrc

That should, in theory at least, set it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that info. Switched to lz4 cause I’m planning to stay on 5.4 LTS for a long time. My old iMac 13,2 (27" late 2012) cannot change display brightness with newer kernels…

Everything good on two computers running KDE and one with XFCE.

Since we support older LTS kernels this change won’t be made on our end.

No, it’s about the Arch default. We have our own kernels and mkinitcpio package.

4 Likes

Update broke HDMI over USB-C on pinebook pro. Solution:
sudo pacman -Syyu linux-pinebookpro linux-pinebookpro-headers

A post was split to a new topic: How can i work with the KDE development ISO?

I had the same issue with megasync on nemo (check my thread on it) it transpired the culprit was glib2. I updated glib2 to 2.66.7-1 from the unstable branch and it fixed megasync plus Dropbox issues as well. Like I said this was on nemo not nautilus but nemo is a fork of nautilus

2 Likes

Updated with tty Intel i7 lts kernel 2 monitors
A quick check of apps all good
Big Thank You to all the team and especially those in testing for sharing your time.
Noel.

Another straightforward, uneventful update for me in Manjaro Cinnamon, using run-level 3 and pamac update.

These updates have been going so smoothly, it’s like you devs are tempting me to do something silly, e.g. slap another two or three Linuxes on the system (all various Manjaro editions, of course!). :crazy_face:

1 Like

all good on my gnome+nvidia box
thank you, manjaro team.

Thanks to manjaro team, all went well. XFCE, kernel 5.10