[Stable Update] 2020-12-03 - Xorg-Server, Plasma 5.20.4, Cinnamon 4.8.0, Deepin, KDE-git

You can just install flatpak and snapd to manage these applications from the terminal if nothing else.

sudo pacman -S flatpack snapd

~ >>> sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for ben:
:: Synchronising package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do
~ >>> lsb_release -a
LSB Version: n/a
Distributor ID: ManjaroLinux
Description: Manjaro Linux
Release: 20.1.1
Codename: Mikah
~ >>>

Seems I can’t get past 20.1.1

Update: It seems Thai mirrors are 1400 hours behind - changed mirrors and running update now.

Hello,

I don’t know if i have missed info, but pamac gui does not show files for selected package any more (I’m using Gnome).

I don’t have such problem …

1 Like

Xfce, Kernel 4.14. All went OK; I didn’t faced any mentioned issue.
Furthmermore, I faced an improvement: now my system is faster than ever to boot:

systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 875ms (kernel) + 755ms (initrd) + 1.367s (userspace) = 2.998s 
graphical.target reached after 1.144s in userspace

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issue installing web-installer-url-handler

Okay, journalctl helped me to understand what’s going on, more or less.

Basically, in many kde folders (such as the plasmoid ones, /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/core/private), different .qml files report “TypeError: Cannot read property '… ’ of null”. Maybe this is the reason for the ten seconds more in shutdown process?

Fresh install of Manjaro Gnome 20.2 on a 2nd PC. Everythings was fine until this morning, the whole themes were back to white. Automatic dark theme was selected but the global theme was set to Matcha-sea. Trying to select Matcha-dark-sea reverted back to Matcha-sea.
Had to toggle off Automatic dark theme, and I could switch my theme to Matcha-dark.

It already happened before : Manjaro Gnome Dark Theme

It’s my first Gnome attempt (I have a dual boot KDE/Cinnamon on the other PC), I don’t know if this extension is prone to bugging.

Why in a Stable branch there are a lot of KDE -git packages?
I see, for eache of them, a regular version in the repos. :thinking:

Getting this in every update

:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/4) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/4) Compiling GSettings XML schema files...
No such key “allow-bold” in schema “org.gnome.Terminal.Legacy.Profile” as specified in override file “/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/99_manjaro-settings.gschema.override”; ignoring override for this key.
(3/4) Updating icon theme caches...
(4/4) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...

Since Cinnamon last update i noticed my system takes a little more to boot into desktop. Sometimes, when i interact with the DE, it gets painful slow, like if cpu usage bursts to 100%, (or RAM got OOM) and then it freezes with no apparent reason and i have to hard reset. No reisub or switching tty works. I can tell it’s just the DE which become unresponsive, because this afternoon the issue happened again, while i was downloading a file and after the hard reset i noticed the download progressed like anything happened.
I have another installation with arch and cinnamon and i am experiencing the same issue.

I am facing issues with the Fn keys. They are able to change the volume and the brightness of the system but there are no visual cues like a notification overlay that used to display before the update but after the update this is not visible and I am manually changing volume/brightness through notification panel.
Here is the issue that I raised on the forum.

Problem launching Pamac on XFCE desktop. The following post helped fix it. Thanks!

No problems with KDE updates for me.

Note: There is one thing I would like to notify: Why can’t we switch to tty console when using non-free drivers on Manjaro (Nvidia in my case)? A black screen appears. When using the free drivers, there are no problems.

I may have spoken too soon. After installing one app and shutting down Pamac, it now refuses to start from GUi. Starting from the command line gives this:

> (pamac-manager:35732): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 06:40:34.060: g_application_run: assertion 'acquired_context' failed
> [marcs@marc-hpenvydesktop79500xx ~]$ 

Any clues as to what’s going on? Running on XFCE desktop.

maybe you should do:

sudo rm /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/99_manjaro-settings.gschema.override

Not sure if this bug is due to the last 2 updates, but I have started experiencing an issue with Gnome Tweaks and my external keyboard (via USB) for the first time these past few weeks.

Whenever I unplug and then replug the external keyboard (Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600), the keyboard doesn’t respond to the present Tweaks settings under Additional Layout Options (under Keyboard & Mouse) regarding “Switching to another Layout”. With the keyboard plugged in, I have to go to Tweaks settings and “Switching to another Layout” to remove and reapply my preferred option.

The internal laptop keyboard does not experience this bug.

After installing this update, running 5.9.11-3-MANJARO kernel, the internal display on Lenovo T460p (Mesa Intel HD Graphics 530 - SKL GT2) won’t turn back on after hibernating. The HDMI-connected external display does fine.

Went back to 5.4.80-2-MANJARO kernel to work around the issue for now.

(KDE) I’m facing a problem with scrolling in Chromium (Version 87.0.4280.66, installed from official repositories) after this update. White lines appear in between while scrolling which sort of “break” the vertical motion of text and content. I’m not sure if this is meant by the term “screen tearing”. Reinstalling Chromium does not solve the issue. Although I can’t tell for sure, mouse pointer/cursor speed also seems to be slow while using Chromium.

Update: I am facing the same problem on Firefox 83.0 as well.
Update: It seems that the problem is not limited to browsers alone, but to the whole system. I experience the same problem on Okular as well while reading pdfs.

flatpak search/updates not working in pacman.
manjaro kde
kernel 5.9.11-3