[Stable Update] 2020-11-04 - Kernels, Nvidia 455.38, LibreOffice, Plasma5, Frameworks, Apps, Gnome 3.38, Deepin

sudo rm /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

4 Likes

Ugh I should’ve known that. Thanks, Mang…

1 Like

PulseAudio should not have a problem starting because of module-rescue-streams

I suggest you check for .pacnew files and start a new topic to run some diagnostics as there may be something other than this module causing problems

The module should be removed as it is non-functional
it would be OK to leave it in place for now as it only creates an error message
but in the future a later version of PulseAudio may fail because it does not recognise the module

Hi, Im using Manjaro gnome, with 5.8 kernel.
Just updated yesterday and since then font is acting weird.
As you can see in the pic, most items are not visible.
And when focus is lost, then it renders good.
This issue is not only with manjaro settings, but most other apps.

FIX by @Yochanan
Set theme in Kvantum theme manager to match the theme we use

I did the boris_perez fix. that helped
Thank you

A post was split to a new topic: All my GNOME settings are lost after stable update

@Karol.B The “fix” I had initially provided also stopped working for me, and I actually had to downgrade PulseAudio & it’s dependencies with the downgrade command (DOWNGRADE_FROM_ALA=1 downgrade pulseaudio libpulse pulseaudio-bluetooth pulseaudio-equalizer pulseaudio-jack pulseaudio-lirc pulseaudio-zeroconf ) for everything to fully work (you have to run the command as the root user for it to work).

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve figured out, that problem was caused by “ fwupd ” Also it takes about 5 seconds at boot. So I uninstalled it, because it seems to me useless anyway.

1 Like

I think now Vivaldi browser may be pushed to Stable too, is giving no problems in Testing and Unstable

Installing xcursor-breeze via TTY also solved my problems from above:

2 Likes

Updated on Gnome and everything went fine. However, I have a minor issue with my Electron applications showing a light colored titlebar. Before the update my Electron apps matched my theme.

██████████████████  ████████     mick@laptop
 ██████████████████  ████████     OS: Manjaro 20.2 Nibia
 ██████████████████  ████████     Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.9.3-1-MANJARO
 ██████████████████  ████████     Uptime: 23h 46m
 ████████            ████████     Packages: 1402
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Shell: bash 5.0.18
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Resolution: 1920x1080
 ████████  ████████  ████████     DE: GNOME 3.38.1
 ████████  ████████  ████████     WM: Mutter
 ████████  ████████  ████████     WM Theme: Matcha-dark-azul
 ████████  ████████  ████████     GTK Theme: Matcha-dark-azul [GTK2/3]
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Icon Theme: Papirus-Dark
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Font: Noto Sans 11
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Disk: 115G / 234G (52%)
                                  CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U @ 4x 3.1GHz [50.0°C]
                                  GPU: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 620 (rev 02)
                                  RAM: 4812MiB / 7870MiB
2 Likes

Looks like a theme issue. Can you reproduce it with Adwaita or Matcha? I can’t.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Unstable Update] 2020-11-08 - KDE-git, Deepin, Firefox, Wine, Python, Haskell

Update:

• Desktop gadget: Network speed is non functional.
    Network Speed
1 Like

On kernel 5.9.3 when I mount iso by gnome disk utility I see GDbus.Error:org.freedesktop.UDisk2.Error.Failed:Error waiting for loop object after creating 'dev/loop2: Timed out waiting for object (udisk-error-quark, 0) On kernel 5.4xx it works good.

1 Like

None of the suggestions for getting MPD to work have proved successful for me, so in case anyone else is in this situation, here’s a workaround.

• Add MPD to the list of packages that shouldn’t be upgraded
  • Save the following files somewhere: /usr/lib/libupnp.so.6* /usr/lib/libixml.so.2* /usr/lib/libthreadutil.so.6*
  • Upgrade
  • Restore the saved files
    If you haven’t got any other packages dependent on libupnp and libixml, you might be safe marking those to be excluded from updates, though I wouldn’t like to say for certain; I have VLC dependent on them so that’s not a safe option for me.
1 Like

Got this when using nmcli to bring up a VPN:
/usr/lib/nm-openvpn-auth-dialog: error while loading shared libraries: libnma.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I Installed libnma to get rid of the message (and likely fix the VPN). I am not sure why it is only optional for networkmanager-openvpn.

1 Like

Hello Oliver,

where can I get an older version of pykeepass? Before Manjaro-Upate: python-pykeepass 3.2.0-1.

I’m new to Manjaro. Use Gnome-Passwordsafe often and don’t want to wait until the next update of Gnome-Passwordsafe. This is not user friendly.

Regards
Oliver from Germany

Desktop-Intel i7-8700 cpu , KDE Plasma Stable Edition , 2 screens , Linux 5.4 LTS kernel
updated with TTY = ctrl+alt+f2 = All good …

Nearly one year on this install no problems except for “problem between chair and keyboard occasionally over tweaking KDE”
Timeshift and Backintime my go to .
To all the manjaro team putting all this together and all those in the team doing the testing = Thank You

• Appreciated

Thank you for your reply.
Downgrading using your command worked fine, but didn’t solve the issue for me. On startup the audio reverts to hdmi output. However, I can select the line out from the audio icon and for the rest of the day it will work through that output. Until next boot. So I updated the packages again, same result.
It seems it won’t create a profile for that audio output.