[Stable Update] 2020-09-08 - Kernels, Mesa, Browsers, KDE Apps 20.08.1, Systemd, LibreOffice 7.0.1, Deepin

you may consider to remove that kernel 'cause it’s EOL
see the announcement

then I guess you are ok

Update went perfectly. (xfce)
Migrated to linux58 as recommended, no issue.

Wouldn’t those drivers happen to be free ones? I think mhwd wants all free drivers installed as fallback, even if not needed.

After installing the updates. Chromium is no longer using GPU acceleration.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Cannot use cuda with cudnn and leela chess zero (lc0)

Everything went well.
Thanks for the updates <3

I have done the update yesterday on two machines, all went fine, thank you.

Now the installations on both machines are over 2 years old, that is stable enough or?

Greetings your long time userin hanny

2 Likes

xfce, smooth update for the most part.

the only problem is broken notifications: there’s no xfce-notifyd stuff in /usr/share/dbus-1/services/.

Starting xfce4-notifyd manually by running /usr/lib/xfce4/notifyd/xfce4-notifyd is a work-around for now, I guess

3 Likes

All went fine on my main machine via TYY update, GNOME, 5.4 Kernel and NVIDIA 440

Keep up the good work!

Apart from Firefox (80.0.1) crashing two times in ten minutes now, the update went ok.
update-resolve-conf working now:
forum.manjaro*org/t/update-resolv-conf-fails-to-execute/16399

gee, no links…

even with the today update the sound problem (no sound) continues

I had a problem updating the Nvidia graphics drivers from 440 prime to 450 prime as it couldn’t uninstall 440 due to cuda and nvidia-prime preventing linux57 (which I keep installed as a backup) from upgrading.
I initially tried uninstalling nvidia-prime and cuda before running the updater but once it rebooted sddm would not load (reverted using timeshift).
Instead, I uninstalled cuda and nvidia-prime, switched to the open source drivers and manually (using pacman) uninstalled linux57-nvidia-440xx. I then ran the updates and installed (using mhwd) the 450xx drivers. I finally used the command line version of mhwd to remove the 440xx driver and used the GUI to finally enable the 450xx driver. I had less trouble with Arch (mainly because I couldn’t be bothered to set up optimus).

After the update the keyboard (desktop computer) stops working in the login screen. In the grub menu, BIOS menu, etc … it works correctly. After reconnecting the usb cable, it works again. I have to do it like this every time I turn on the PC.

For me, all good in two XFCE different installs (desktop & laptop) both via command line. Thanks for the good work!

Everything went as before, flawlessly.Only a small known bug came up when I upgraded Chrome and Vivaldi with Pamac from the AUR. There is not enough space on the root partition. I solved the problem by clearing the package cache and updating using YAY.

Good update.

They also fixed the 5.8 kernel apparently and USB 3.1 controller works again as intended and I could move my BT dongle back to USB 3.1 port from the workaround USB 2.0 port on another controller. Yey :slight_smile:

I believe it is trying to install the prop drivers. Not the open source drivers.

It prompts for an option for one of nvidia branches, I chose 450, tries to install cuda, mhwd-nvidia-450xx, nvidia-450xx-utils, opencl-nvidia-450xx.

You need to add a new flags according to Chromium - ArchWiki

---use-gl=desktop