[Stable Update] 2020-08-22 - Kernels, Deepin, KDE-git, Firefox, Pamac, Nvidia 450, KDE Apps 20.08

Same here, the account just got deleted and i had to re-register.

Also, any ETA on the firejail update yet? The currently available version breaks apparmor.

If dmesg shows no xhci_pci errors you are probably good to go.

Check lsusb to verify that your usb ports are there too.

Manjaro Stable KDE

Trying to change Nvidia driver through GUI from 440 to 450, got:

Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

That was after update + reboot.

Thanks for the work. 2 machines, XFCE, no problem.

Did you remove 440 drivers first? You can’t just install the 450 drivers over the top of the 440 ones.

Addition to my previous post:

• LibreOffice Draw (and siblings) crash when choosing a custom symbol for “listing and numbering”.
  • My custom view of Okular breaks: I don’t know how I exactly looked in the past, but I moved the “okular_part”-toolbar to the left and set all the actions “Hide text when toolbar shows the text next to the pictograms”. I’m forced to move it back to the default upper side, below the menu bar. It’s sad.

Still or Fresh?

Still

1 Like

No i haven’t removed them first, just tried on top as always before :slight_smile:

same here while in Testing and Unstable works fine

Try sudo mhwd -i pci video-modsetting

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. Maybe it should be reported directly to the Document Foundation?

No issues
Gnome/linux54/wayland

Not sure, because it could also be a font config thingie. Despite I ran fc-config several times (forced, cache-cleaned forced, as sudo-root).

I hoped it didn’t occur at LibreOffice-Fresh 6.4.5.2, but it does.

Strangely enough, the problem is not reproducible when running LO-still and LO-fresh in safe mode and after resetting the user config back to “last known good config”

I diffed my config with a “last-good-config-recovery”-one with KDiff3 and WinMerge (unfortunately still the best open source diff tool).

But the most relevant of the differences are binary files.

OMG WHHHHYYYY WHHHHYYYYYY NOT READABLE AND DIFFABLE XML OR JSON GODDAMMIT

Resetting the config means the loss of my custom toolbars et al, which is a pain.

When I’ve more time, I’ll file two bugs:

1. Segmental export of settings (like custom toolbars).
  2. The custom symbol for listings and numbering.
1 Like

Great update, no issues, kernel 5.7.15-1

maybe manjaro should take over this package as it depends of package comming from manjaro. to avoid this kind of issue.

After logging in to the Xfce desktop on Sunday, the Pamac tray indicator showed the available updates. I didn’t have time to install these that day. The next day after logging in, the Pamac tray indicator panel icon remained gray. I know this is a recurring problem, I just mentioned it, although it was more typical on Plasma.

Just started my update and updating grub does this:

$ LANG=C update-grub 
Generating grub configuration file ...
Found theme: /usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-5.4-x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/amd-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-5.4-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-5.4-x86_64-fallback.img
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-4.19-x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/amd-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-4.19-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-4.19-x86_64-fallback.img
Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings ...
Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.bin
/usr/bin/grub-probe: warning: unknown device type nvme0n1.
done
$ 

It’ll probably work anyway as it’s an update, but I just wanted to post it. Maybe this warning can be removed?

This is known and ‘harmless’

EDIT: I did some tests and if I delete the file /etc/grub.d/60_memtest86+ then this error message disappear when I update-grub

1 Like

After a few days of usage, I had to revert to nvidia-440xx. With nvidia-450xx I had random compositor crashes, especially after resuming from suspend. I had to loginctl terminate in tty to get back into my kde DE.
No issues with 440xx.
5.7 kernel, didn’t try 5.8