Sorry, you can't embed media items in a post

I can not include any pictures in my posts. Why is that?

2 Likes

You’re a TL1, so you should be able to. However, there was an update to the forum software yesterday and it may have changed some settings. It does work for me, though ─ I’m a TL3. I’ve just uploaded several screenshots.

I’ve notified @codesardine. :wink:

2 Likes

You need TL2 for that.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it in the Manjaro chat. I’m sure someone will look into the settings. :wink:

You have to keep in mind that this new forum was installed from the ground up, and that it was set up by someone other than the guy who had been maintaining the original forum. So the settings still need a lot of tweaking, but at the same time, this is the Manjaro developers we’re talking about, so they’re also busy working on the distribution itself. :wink:

2 Likes

So how to upgrade myself to TL2 or TL3?

You have to spend more time on the forum, read more threads/posts and post more. “TL” stands for “Trust Level”. :man_shrugging:

Once you’ve done the above, you will automatically be upgraded by the forum engine. I’m not sure on the exact criteria, as it appears to differ here at the forum compared to the standard Discourse trust levels.

This is to prevent image spam or new users posting code/output as images

How can you tell what Trust Level you’re at?

I looked at my profile, but couldn’t find it. Of course, I have no doubt I’m a TL1 :wink:

Go to your badges and see which trust level badge you have.

Get to trust level 2 by…

Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
Casting at least 1 like
Receiving at least 1 like
Replying to at least 3 different topics
Entering at least 20 topics
Reading at least 100 posts
Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

Must have visited at least 50% of days
Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
Must not have been suspended or silenced

5 Likes

Autobiographer, Basic, First Emoji, First Like, Welcome

TL1 it is then.

1 Like

Can we post pictures from outside sources? Such as Imgur.

Everyone else might hate me, but I did suggest that we limit uploads to save storage space and allowed linking pictures from outside sites. My plan is to upload screenshots for troubleshooting to imgur and then link them here, will that work with TL1?

I’m not very active on the forum so it’ll be awhile before I reach TL2.

Just give it a try. If not, it should at least let you post the URL to the image I guess.

You’re right. Here is some of my football stuff from
Imgur. This is a test.

EDIT: Seems to cut off a portion of the image at the top and bottom.
EDIT2: It should be noted that I copied and pasted the link from and to my mobile device. I’ll try from a computer later to see if the image is still cropped.

Imgur

I am TL1 (Basic), I used to be TL3 in old forums. I am unable to post embedded pictures from imgur or other image hosting websites myself :confused:

e.g. ![](<insert link>)

Will have to wait until TL2.

I’m TL1 also and I was just able to post from Imgur. it’s just above your last message.

You posted a link, which showed an image preview, which is why your image is cut off. You didn’t do an embedded image, which for your image is:

![](https://i.imgur.com/EEtwhct.jpg)

1 Like

You’re right. I wasn’t able to do that.

I’m not a Web Site expert, but does an embedded image become cached on the Manjaro server somehow?