So, today: big day: updateday.
Backup of the data : check
Cloning of the OS : not so check…
Clonezilla wanted to clone /dev/sda6 which seems to be my /home…
Does’nt clonezilla skip that? What if the 320Gb ext drive cant swallow it?
So far, it’s been an interesting sunday
Edit - from the documentation :
- The destination partition must be equal or larger than the source one.
- Differential/incremental backup is not implemented yet.
- Online imaging/cloning is not implemented yet. The partition to be imaged or cloned has to be unmounted.
- Due to the image format limitation, the image can not be explored or mounted. You can NOT recovery single file from the image. However, you still have workaround to make it, read this.
- Recovery Clonezilla live with multiple CDs or DVDs is not implemented yet. Now all the files have to be in one CD or DVD if you choose to create the recovery iso file.