Screen rotation not working after gnome 40 update

From what I read it seems that it was a conscious decision in order to solve other issues, so I wouldn’t expect a solution anytime soon.

But if you want to save time, just go with Pop OS. I’ve tried every distro under the sun that uses a custom version of Gnome pre-4.0, and that’s the best one managing resources, by a long shot. You can even uninstall the Pop Shop for extra performance without missing much.

I’d rather use Manjaro, but it is what it is. I don’t need the AUR in my tablet, anyway :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hello!

Same problem here. Is there still no solution or is a new problem on my side.

Thanks for the work and the help.

Hi!
Unfortunately I don’t think the problem has been solved yet… every update I hope and pray but nothing :joy:

Same problem here, i’m a user of surface go 2 and use it to read or write with pen ! Hope will be resolve at next update :slight_smile:

Is there something we can do to help solving the problem?

I installed iio-sensor-proxy-git 3.3.r4.b688114 and gnome extension
GitHub - kosmospredanie/gnome-shell-extension-screen-autorotate: Enable screen rotation regardless of touch mode,
and screen rotation finally works on Lenovo ThinkPad S1 Yoga 12.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! This works for me, too (but had to reboot before).
I used version 2 form the gnome extension (don’t know the difference to version 1).

I am not sure if I understand you correctly. Did you use iio-sensor-proxy-git oder iio-sensor-proxy? For me it only works with the git version.
My device is a surface go 2, the keyboard is therefore detachable keyboard.

My apologies, I was totally wrong :rofl:
I did try iio-sensors-proxy git when the problem first appeared but it didn’t solve the issue so I thought it wouldn’t work this time either…
I reinstalled it now and it’s working fine finally!

I’m gonna remove the previous post 'cause it doesn’t contain useful informations anyway

Now that Gnome41 has been implemented, can anyone confirm if the auto-rotation problem has been fixed?

I can confirm autorotation is been working fine for a couple of months now, I’m using gnome-waylad and kernel 5.13!

1 Like

mine isnt working, do you know where Ishould looking for to track the probem
my tablet rotation working well with ubuntu and pop os

https://imgur.com/a/JVrmJHL

Since I use iio-sensor-proxy-git instead of iio-sensor-proxy auto-rotation works fine for me.

can you guide me how to install iio-sensor-proxy-git, Iam a bit noob :smiley:

Use the “add/remove Software” and type iio-sensor-proxy.
There you shut see “iio-sensor-proxy” and “iio-sensor-proxy-git”. Remove the first and install the second and reboot your device.

hmm, my tablet cant find that package, only iio-sensor-proxy are display, refresh database doesnt help anyway. Is there a way to install it manually ?

ah ha, restart the service iio-sensor-proxy worked

Ah, I think its in the AUR, you have to allow package form there in “add/remove Software”.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository

But if it works anyway, everything is fine.

2 Likes

Thank you, I found it. Apparently iio-sensor proxy need to restart the service everytime the system reboot, -git work better :slight_smile:

1 Like