Scratch after update 19/04/2021

After an update unable to reboot
force to reload the system from zeros
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

black screen without access other than to reset the phone

Hi,

We are not lucky together today…

I just tested the dev image, that had no issues, but I tested todays stable image, and updated it, which “broke” just like yours.

Are/where you on unstable branch?

stable

luckily I have a phone and diary sav

so i will retest phosh before giving plasma

So you where not using any of the development images we have, but one of the betas, or a factory image?

Can you tell me exactly which one?
Because if you where on stable branch, then it’s another issue than what I have.

It had been a Manjaro-ARM-plasma-mobile-pinephone-20210413.img.xz since I was doing I update daily
the update of 2021-04-19 broke a real bug my first for 3 months but there is irreparable

That image on on unstable branch. So still likely the same issue. And I think I might know what it is and trying to fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a backup of calendar and phone number

for me it does not matter , recharge tomorrow

I will be leaving beta 4 plasma mobile

Okay.

For anyone else, I’m uploading a fix (updated qt5-es2-base package) to unstable branch now.
So make sure you get qt5-es2-base version 5.15.2-3, when you update. Else your Plasma Mobile won’t boot after you update ICU.

1 Like

Hello, today from the plasma-mobile beta 4 database, passed in testing then pacman -Syyu

Everything is fine, everything is back to normal :wink: thank-you

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.