I am very pleased to announce the release of SbK Lxqt 21.0.5.
Both versions of this release include
- The 5.10.36 linux kernel which is the latest LTS kernel.
- Lxqt .17 wich improves the dock functionality. It will only hide when covered by a window.
- Improved visual effects. Shadows appear more realistic with no gaps. Fading and blur have been tweaked.
- A basic Conky with a Dark Merigold color theme to match the other themes.
- The new KvDarkMerigold is a kvantum theme with matching gtk theme. The dark themes have been tweeked. An example is Kwrite no longer has a white text area.
- MintSpin Y icons were used and the mintspin-y-darkmerigold icon set was added.
- There is a new grub and matching lightdm theme that matches the desktop wallpaper/theme. Users of older SbK Lxqt installs can use the new themes, search for “sbk 210” without quotes to find the new lightdm and grub theme (dont use the live one).
- A lot of package updates since the 20.1 release. The release is up to date as of 6/6/2021.
- The Usplash2 package has 13 new wallpapers. Backgrounds can be found in /user/share/backgrounds/usplash2. The orignal Usplash is still avilable in the SbK repo for anyone who wants a wider assortment of wallpapers.
They also contain the standard SbK features.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- Multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
SbK is back after a break. Real life sometimes gets in the way of things you do for fun. I also needed some time away from Manjaro. Sadly this time was extended because I installed Debian testing and didnt upgrade my Manjaro partition for 6 months. Trying to update a 3 year old rolling release after a 6 month break seldom works out. So a fresh install and then getting it ready to build took a little time.
As always questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome. Just post below.