I am very pleased to announce the release of SbK Gnome 21.0.7
Both iso’s in this release include:
- The 5.10.42 LTS kernel.
- The following Gnome shell extensions are installed and used:
Dash to Dock
Remove dropdown arrows
Hide Top bar (The top bar is hiddin by default. Moving the cursor to the top edge will show it.)
Desktop Icons ng (It is enabled. But end users wil have to manually set for launchers to be executable, or trusted. Until then they will have the generic launcher icon and will only open as a text file.)
- Minimize and Maximize window controls.
- The New FlatRemixSpin-Magenta icon theme with light and dark versions.
- The new KvSpinDarkMagenta dual Kvantum and matching Gtk theme.
- 5 new desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- Usplash2 Wallpapers are included in the wallpaper selector.
- LightDM instead of GDM with lightlocker screen locking.
- Lots of updates since the 20.1.1 release. The iso’s are up to date as of 6/21/2021.
Both iso’s also contain the standard SbK features.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- The latest long term support kernel
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. repository
As always comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome.