RE: "Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE; kwin_x11[1448]; panfrost ff9a0000.gpu: gpu sched timeout"

(387/387) checking for file conflicts [####################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python-zipp: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pycache /zipp.cpython-39.pyc exists in filesystem
python-zipp: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zipp.py exists in filesystem

Hi Strit.
Coming back to my post related to my newbie failed ‘pip’ installation.
Should I start a bash-shell and delete the above mentioned folders & files in /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/, or should I delete the 2 folders “…/python3.9/” and respective sub-folders & files located in “/usr/lib/”?
Please advice me. I need to put my ARCH LINUX up and running, and update it.
Thank you, Ice

Do you still get the issues with python files after you remove the packages you installed via pip?

No…
I wasn’t sure how to get rid of the files (all files) installed via “pip”.
That means, should I delete only the files
“python-zipp: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pycache /zipp.cpython-39.pyc exists in filesystem
python-zipp: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zipp.py exists in filesystem”

Or, are there other/more files & folders related to those in /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/* or elsewhere which may remain in the system with no purpose?

If you don’t know how pip works, you should stop using it.

Here’s a little documentation for you to read through.

Yes, that’s right, I don’t know how ‘pip’ works.
I wanna get rid of all the files installed by ‘pip’ and upgrade/update the system using ‘pacman’ (I have to find out how to use ‘pacman’ it in the right way after getting rid of the files installed by ‘pip’).
That means, for the first, I need to get rid of the files:
“python-zipp: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pycache /zipp.cpython-39.pyc exists in filesystem

In order to be able to update/upgrade my ARCH-Manjaro.
I do need your advise in order to do it right.
It is enough just to delete/remove the files/folders into “/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/*” or are there more related issues/files to take care off?

I don’t use pip so can’t help you much there.

But you can update the system and overwrite any conflicting files with:
sudo pacman -Syu --overwrite "*"

OK.
I’ll go the proposed way and see if no error-msg rise.
Then I’ll check if the folders/files
"python-zipp: /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pycache /zipp.cpython-39.pyc exists in filesystem
are gone.
Perhaps it is advisable to delete the files/folders in “/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/” before start
sudo pacman -Syu --overwrite “*”.
I’ll go the way you just suggested.
Thank you VERY MUCH!

Hi Strit!
I did perform "sudo pacman -Syu --overwrite “" "
Results:
"$ sudo pacman -Syu --overwrite "

Packages (1) tlp-1.3.1-2

Total Removed Size: 0.26 MiB

:: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n]
:: Processing package changes…
removing tlp…
:: Running post-transaction hooks…
(1/3) Reloading system manager configuration…
(2/3) Reloading device manager configuration…
(3/3) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate…
warning: lock file missing /var/lib/pacman/db.lck

:: Starting full system upgrade…
:: Replace at-spi2-atk with extra/at-spi2-core? [Y/n]
:: Replace atk with extra/at-spi2-core? [Y/n]
:: Replace breath2-icon-themes with community/plasma5-themes-breath? [Y/n]
:: Replace hwids with core/hwdata? [Y/n]
:: Replace kwayland-server with extra/kwin? [Y/n]
:: Replace kwrite with extra/kate? [Y/n]
:: Replace plasma5-themes-breath2 with community/plasma5-themes-breath? [Y/n]
:: Replace sddm-breath2-theme with community/sddm-breath-theme? [Y/n]
:: Replace uboot-pinebookpro-bsp with core/uboot-pinebookpro? [Y/n]
:: Replace wxgtk-common with extra/wxwidgets-common? [Y/n]
:: Replace wxgtk3 with extra/wxwidgets-gtk3? [Y/n]
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…
warning: removing ‘atk’ from target list because it conflicts with ‘at-spi2-core’
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: plasma5-themes-breath and plasma5-themes-breath2 are in conflict
$ "
“Return” (“Y”) were entered for the “Replace” options above…
At the end I got errors…
I do have some questions:

1. What I did wrong? 2. How to fix it? 3. Should I reinstall ARCH-Manjaro from skratch? (If Yes, how to do it?).
    Thank you.
    Regards, IOS

You haven’t updated in months! Don’t use a rolling release if you don’t plan on updating it regularly.

1. Update manjaro-system first with sudo pacman -S manjaro-system.
  2. When that finishes run the main update command again.
  3. If that does not work, re-install using a new image.

Hi Strit.
Thank you!
It’ll be done according to your instructions.

Hi there. Hi Strit.

I still have problems… How to get rid of those issues and get ARCH-Manjaro up and running smoothly?

$ systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● postgresql.service loaded failed failed PostgreSQL database server

LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.
1 loaded units listed.

$ journalctl -p 3 -b
Oct 20 09:42:31 lxm kernel: rockchip-dp ff970000.edp: no DP phy configured
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm kernel: brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio for chip BCM4345/9
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm kernel: brcmfmac: brcmf_c_preinit_dcmds: Firmware: BCM4345/9 wl0: Feb 11 2020 11:54:51 version 7.45.96.61 (be7af2d@>
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[303]: event7: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x70066, and key code 142: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[303]: event7: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a5, and key code 224: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[303]: event7: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a6, and key code 225: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[307]: event8: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x70066, and key code 142: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[307]: event8: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a5, and key code 224: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[307]: event8: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a6, and key code 225: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[333]: event4: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x70066, and key code 142: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[333]: event4: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a5, and key code 224: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:32 lxm systemd-udevd[333]: event4: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a6, and key code 225: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:33 lxm systemd-udevd[320]: event6: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x70066, and key code 142: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:33 lxm systemd-udevd[320]: event6: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a5, and key code 224: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:33 lxm systemd-udevd[320]: event6: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a6, and key code 225: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:33 lxm systemd-udevd[305]: event5: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x70066, and key code 142: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:33 lxm systemd-udevd[305]: event5: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a5, and key code 224: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:33 lxm systemd-udevd[305]: event5: Failed to call EVIOCSKEYCODE with scan code 0x700a6, and key code 225: Invalid argument
Oct 20 09:42:34 lxm systemd[1]: Failed to start PostgreSQL database server.
Oct 20 09:43:00 lxm pulseaudio[775]: module-rescue-stream is obsolete and should no longer be loaded. Please remove it from your config>
~
$

1. In the case of a reinstallation:
    How to install ARCH from the scratch?
    Is this site (How to Install Arch Linux in 2022 [Step by Step Guide]) advisable for a reinstallation?

I am not your personal support line.

Opening this up to the community.

This is a Manjaro forum not an ARCH one suggest you ask there.