Greetings everyone. I decided to use raspberry pi 4 for my cyberdeck project. I wanted to install the bspwm+polybar (that I am used to on my desktop) to pi 4. Seeing that Manjaro already has an iso with sway, I thought I’d give sway a chance.
When I finish the initial setup and turn on the system, I encounter any problems. Moreover, when I reboot, there is no problem.
However, when I update the system via pamac or terminal, it asks me to reboot. When I restart, after the manjaro boot animation, a flashing underscore appears on the black screen, in the left corner of the screen, and the system does not boot.
What I’ve Tried
- I tried using a different SD card but the result is same.
- I tried using a different pi (I have 4 raspberry pi, I tried them all one by one).
- I tried different power adapters and hdmi cables. I even removed all the power-hungry parts like keyboard fan etc from the pi.
- I tried different operating systems (Ubuntu, raspi and other manjaro distributions) I had no problems with them. I can use Manjaro xcfe without any problems, but setting up my own rice/setup on it is quite troublesome.
- I tried different flashing tools (balena & raspberry official flasher)
What could be the cause of the problem? I’m a computer engineering student and I have very little time before school starts, I have to get this job done as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.