Qt Creator will not work on Manjaro. I'm desperate

Then don’t waste our time - call 1-800-i-need-to-use-qt6

:wave:

1 Like

if you’re in a “high-security-job” and your admin is a 1-800 number in india then it’s time to think about the future :rofl:
i can’t believe what your talking about…

2 Likes

I tried. I opened a bug report but they haven’t answered it yet. One person asked me a question and I answered it and it is sitting unresolved.

And yeah I’m going to resist continuing the line of conversation about what huge companies consider secure these days.

So I tried to install Virtualbox and it didn’t work but I think that’s because my CPU doesn’t support virtualization. I have another small lenovo box, maybe it will.

You are in that situation, on a Manjaro system, using it?
And can’t actually do stuff but have to rely on a 1-800 call to a help desk in India?
whow

No the Manjaro machine is my personal machine. My work laptop is a newer Thinkpad with windows. But we used to use linux and at that point we weren’t really allowed to change the configuration of anything because they didn’t want anyone to open an exploit. I wish I could try Qt on my work laptop but we aren’t allowed to install any open source except for a small list.

please close this topic before someone else will do it for you. this whole topic is a useless waste of time. i’m 100% convinced that your admin knew what he’s doing to limit your access rights at your working computer.

edit: i close this thread now, we are no clowns. case closed !

2 Likes

Is it actually closed now?

indeed

Wow. So I’m not even allowed to keep a thread open until someone comes along that can actually solve my problem? It’s not like I was rude to anyone or anything. I just want a solution. I sent a screenshot. Is that really what it is supposed to look like? I wouldn’t have come here if it was an easy problem.

How could there be no answer? I can’t even install Qt Design Studio with the manjaro packages.

It’s a support forum for Manjaro, not a Qt forum.

No one knows, because you have to pay $4000/yr to access the tool you’re using. There’s a 10 day free trial but then we’d have to install it, figure out how to use it, and then figure out what (if anything) you’re doing wrong. :man_shrugging:

Perhaps you need the Qt for Applications Enterprise edition of Design Studio, then you can ask their support.

Pricing and Packaging | Software Stack | Tech Stack | Qt

You’re looking in the wrong place. Better descriptions/examples of the problem would probably help too.

I suggest you ask in a Qt forum, you’re much more likely to get help with your problem.

1 Like

You already gave the answer and solution ! You are not allowed to change the settings because your companies administrator denies it BECAUSE

Case Closed

To be fair, that’s their work computer (which was somehow dragged into the thread), they also have a personal computer which they’re using for this.

Awww, did I miss it?

Jesus these are the “security companies” that scare me. Total desaster if a security-company allow personal computers to override and bypass company-regulations and safety-compliance of their employees.
welcome to absurdistan…

If the OP needs to contact dial-an-admin to resolve the issue, possibly due to certain restrictions in place, then I suggest the point is rather moot. Perhaps better success would be found on a home workstation with greater access.

That is all.

1 Like

Yes I have had a thread on the Qt Forum for as long as this one.

I sent screenshots of the problem, what else can I do?

Qt is under GPL. You only need to pay the commercial license if you aren’t willing to share your code if someone asks. If you use it only internally in your company then you never need to license it if you don’t want to.

inaccurate

Out-of-country “technical support” via a call-centre probably in Sector 15 is the only option …? For a mission-critical “secure” thingymebob

Is this guy aware of Kitboga’s YouTube channel?

So for anyone who comes back here, apparently this is a chronic problem with Qt Creator and this doesn’t work on any OS, even the ones listed as supported. Qt’s own recommendation is to use Design Studio which is unfortunate because Design Studio lacks code integration features that Qt Quick Designer had and also as commercial add ons of functionality you don’t get in the community version.

But that is the only conclusion I can make from this:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-30202

Please close your thread/topic as it almost come to an dead end.
If you wanna blame Qt then do it in their forum. Otherwise everything else had been said already.
Case Closed