Python 3.11/3.12

Python 3.12 info.

I’ve tried “rebuild any AUR Python packages that install files to site-packages”, but it doesn’t work.
How can I “link to libpython3.11.so”?

If you want to help me, please read my “About me”,
and I’d appreciate a command line to be able to “link to libpython3.11.so” to solve my problems I’m having.

You can’t. The system python is 3.12 and you have to rebuild all AUR packages. The announcement post should have some guidance on this.

Otherwise, you could use pyenv to install 3.11 locally for your user and use virtualenvs for the third-party packages. However, this is not compatible with AUR.

You can’t, but in the future if you ask something else (or for a workaround on this) you will have to be more specific than “it does not work”.

1 Like

When you have to ask the answer is no, you cannot - rebuild to target a older version of libpythonx.yy.so.

The mentioned linking is a done when the C source is relying on a given python library - this is done by the compiler.

When it is only a collection of python scripts - the collection is installed to the system python’s site-packages.

Most likely you have gotten the application by using a custom build script.

Rebuild the package using that build script, please see the following topic

1 Like

To elaborate on my previous answer: if you cannot/do not know how to/do not want to rebuild or use venv or pipx or pyenv, you may find using containerized formats like flatpak or appimage useful, if the program is available (you still have not elaborated on that)