PulseAudio Equalizer its not working (for me) after recent update

I’m having problems with the app, PulseAudio Equalizer (pulse-audio-equalizer-ladspa) v3.0.2-6,.
And I don’t know how to fix it was working perfectly and suddenly it stopped, when I press the button to turn on and close the program it automatically turns off. Could anyone help me? If I wasn’t specific with the problem forgive me I’m new on manjaro forum/community and forgive my English, as you try to help me I’ll provide more system information and details

No such package exists in the repos or the AUR … whered you get it?
(Note: nor does pulse-audio-equalizer …)

Ah,

But if I change to pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa it does exist.

First things first … are you up to date?

sudo pacman -Syu

yeah im up to date, i just found that app on official repositories and it was working…

Well … you accidentally included some extra information that is useful…

You have pipewire packages installed … so … is that what you are using?
Why trying to use a pulseaudio equalizer then ?

Please verify … maybe inxi -Azy

Actually I don’t know what I’m using I just wanted to find an equalizer that would improve the sound quality and make it louder, sorry for the useless information.

Audio:
  Device-1: Intel 200 Series PCH HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Device-2: NVIDIA TU116 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
  Device-3: Logitech G435 Wireless Gaming Headset
    driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid type: USB
  Device-4: Fifine Microphone driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid
    type: USB
  API: ALSA v: k6.6.7-4-MANJARO status: kernel-api
  Server-1: PipeWire v: 1.0.0 status: active

The information was not useless … it was just provided by accident.
Your sound server is not pulseaudio … it is pipewire.

You should ditch whatever you have been trying to do and investigate pipewire post-audio processing or equalizers.

You probably want easyeffects.

Theres also some guides on here about it somewhere …

(note I cant attest to those … but they should give you an idea of how to do the things)

I’ll follow your tutorial, but what if I switch to Pulse Audio? Which one is better? Or do you think I should avoid trouble and stay with pipeware ?

pipewire is newer, less of a mess, less resource hungry, and required for some things like Flatpak audio support, certain types of recording, etc.

pulseaudio is legacy … and unless you have some specific reason to do so you should not go switching pipewire for it.

PS.
Neither of those are my tutorials. I simply included them as examples of how to configure effects for pipewire. For even more information see the archwiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PipeWire

thank you so much for the help

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.