Proxy Settings doesn't Apply to Environment Variables

I’m new to Manjaro and hope that my question is not too stupid :wink:

• KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.7
  • KDE Frameworks Version: 5.109.0
  • Qt Version: 5.15.10
  • Kernel Version: 6.5.0-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
  • Graphics Platform: X11

I’ve found this post

and the same problem happens to me. When trying to modify the system proxy configuration, changes disappear after switching to another tab. As described there, the changes seem to be applied after restarting System Settings.

However, I found that even if the proxy appears after restarting System Settings, they are not applied to environment variables. As shown in the figure below, my proxy URLs are applied.

But after clicking “Show the value of the environment variables”, they all disappear.

Also, echo $http_proxy and echo $HTTP_PROXY give nothing in konsole. Firefox set to “Use system proxy settings” doesn’t utilize the proxy server, either.

Is there any way to make the proxy settings in System Settings of Plasma apply to environment variables?

KDE system settings are usually stored in configuration files. Ensure that the configuration file related to the proxy settings is writable and properly configured. You can check the configuration file, which is often located in the user’s home directory under ~/.config/. Make sure that your user has the necessary permissions to modify the proxy settings. By the way need advice, if buy proxies, what should I look out for? If the configuration file is not writable, KDE might not be able to save your changes. Check the KDE Bug Tracker for any known issues related to proxy settings. It’s possible that there might be a bug that has already been reported, and a solution or workaround may be available. Ensure that you are using the latest version of KDE. Sometimes, issues are addressed in newer releases, and updating may resolve the problem.