Problem with background service manager kded5

Hello!! I faced with impossibility to change keyboard setting (keyboard layout, save NumLock status, etc). While I was looking for what the problem was, I came across this error. Is this the reason for the inability to change the keyboard? And how i can fix this?
Screenshot_20201206_141503|690x387

It certainly appears something is wrong.
Are in a partial upgrade state?

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

Then please give output of

inxi -Fazy

How to provide good information

1 Like

First command says that my system is fully updated.
Output of inxi: System: Kernel: 5.9.11-3-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0 - Pastebin.com

Are you actually missing kded ?
pacman -Qs kded

How did you install this system and/or KDE?

(PS - do you have no SWAP on purpose?)

Yes, this was deleted. For real idk how this happend. Installing system by using official .iso file from manjaro.org. Thanks for help!
P.S. Yes, no swap for purpose.

How old is the system?

Maybe you would want to look back in the logs and see if you accidentally removed a bunch of things…

(because … for example … kwalletmanager and more would require kded)

/var/log/pacman.log

Otherwise cheers I guess :slight_smile:

System is 3 days old :smiley:

Found. As it appears, kded was deleted when clearing non-using packages. Can i protect packages from random deleting?

Well thats not random … you deleted things in some fashion.

But, for example, a safe delete which will only grab unused dependencies and wont cascade to grab others in pacman is pacman -Rns
And similarly with pamac pamac remove --unneeded

Likely either what you removed or how you removed things is why you lost extra.
I am not sure what method you used :woman_shrugging:

Deleting with GUI packet manager. Thanks for advise! Good day!

pamac by default uses cascade (automatic selection) … it is important to inspect the list before hitting ‘go’.

And to you too. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.