Problem upgrading

Since last time I upgraded I lost KDE plasma, am now running XFCE,. I wanted to upgrade doing : sudo pacman -Syu. This is what I get:

: Synchronising package databases...
 core                                                                                169.2 KiB  1332 KiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                              1925.0 KiB  10.1 MiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
 community                                                                             6.6 MiB  14.8 MiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                                            178.2 KiB  29.0 MiB/s 00:00 [####################################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace lib32-libcanberra-pulse with multilib/lib32-libcanberra? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace libcanberra-pulse with extra/libcanberra? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace linux54-rt with community/linux-rt-lts-manjaro? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace linux54-rt-headers with community/linux-rt-lts-manjaro-headers? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace linux59-rt with community/linux-rt-manjaro? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace linux59-rt-headers with community/linux-rt-manjaro-headers? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace qca with extra/qca-qt5? [Y/n] Y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing lib32-libcanberra (0.30+2+gc0620e4-4) breaks dependency 'lib32-libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3' required by lib32-libcanberra-gstreamer
:: installing libcanberra (0.30+2+gc0620e4-4) breaks dependency 'libcanberra=0.30+2+gc0620e4-3' required by libcanberra-gstreamer

I am lost and need a step by step help please. Thank you

Please read the announcement wiki

1 Like

OMG, it’s miraculous, it worked! Thank you so much. I was afraid of loosing things again.
Question: can one use: pamac udate each time for udating?

1 Like

Yes.

pamac is Manjaro’s software package management program and it uses the pacman library (libalpm). There is a GUI (graphical user interface) and a CLI (command line interface). pamac has a man page.

It’s helpful to read the Stable Update Annoucement before updating, at least the first two entries. They are written by @philm and contain information about what is being installed and any issues and solutions.

2 Likes

Thank you. As I said I used to run KDE but after ‘loosing’ it, I run XFCE. After booting I get this message: The current theme cannot be loaded due to the errors below…

file,///usr/share/sdd-m/themes/breath2/Main.qml:26:1:plugin cannot be loaded for module ''org.kde.plasmacore'':cannot load library/usr/lib/qt/qml/org/ked/plasma/core/; _ZNI4KWindows Effects 11 slidewindowEP7QWindowsNS_17slide From LocationEi)

sorry, it was difficult to read the red text on blue background so there may be mistakes.
I am just an eternal user, very little knowlegde of the mechanics of Linux.
Grateful for your help

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.