Problem running grub-mkconfig

I just updated my computer yesterday and got a black screen after rebooting, I try to add the parameters for the nvidia but when I run the command sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg I got this error

Generando un fichero de configuración de grub…

Encontrado tema: /usr/share/grub/themes/man jaro/theme.txt

Encontrada imagen de linux: /boot/umlinuz-6.5-x86_64

Encontrada imagen de memoria inicial: /boot/intel-code.ing boot/initranfs-6.5-x86_64.ing

Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-6.5-x86_64-fallback.ing

Aviso: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.

Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.

Adding boot menu entry for LEFI Firmware Settings …

Root filesystem isn’t btrfs

If you think an error has occurred, please file a bug report at “GitHub - Antynea/grub-btrfs: Include btrfs snapshots at boot options. (Grub menu)

Found memtestß6+ image: /boot/nemtestB6+/memtest.bin

usr/bin/grub-probe: aviso: tipo de dispositivo nvme0n1 desconocido.

Found memtest86+ EFI image: /boot/mentestB6+/mentest.efi usr/bin/grub-probe: aviso: tipo de dispositivo nvme0n1 desconocido.

That is not an error - but you will need to sync a new kernel

sudo mhwd-kernel -i linux66

I tried to hide Plymouth and after rebooting the screen only shows the next info

/dev/nvme0n1p2: clean, 293178/61030100 files, 7163478/244112696 Blocks

Then that output (from fsck checking the disk) is the last thing you see, and if plymouth is disabled, then something else is stopping boot. Considering your other post it would appear you are using an EOL kernel, which has resulted in numerous problems.

I just sync the linux66 version but I got the same message with the grub-mkconfig

:: grub-mkconfig output:

Generando un fichero de configuración de grub…

Encontrado tema: /usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt

Encontrada imagen de linux: /boot/vmlinuz-6.6-x86_64

Encontrada imagen de memoria inicial: /boot/intel-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-6.6-x86_64.img

Found initr fallback image: /boot/initramfs-6.6-x86_64-fallback.img

Aviso: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.

Its output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.

Adding boot menu entry for UEFI Firmware Settings …

Root filesystem isn’t btrfs

If you think an error has occurred, please file a bug report at "GitHub - Antynea/grub-btrfs: Include btrfs snapshots at boot options. (Grub menu)*

Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+/mentest.bin
/usr/bin/grub-probe: aviso: tipo de dispositivo nvme0n1 desconocido

Found memtest86+ EFI image: /boot/memtest86+/memtest.efi
/usr/bin/grub-probe: aviso: tipo de dispositivo nvme0n1 desconocido.

This is pretty self-explanatory.
Your root (/) filesystem is not btrfs.
This is probably mentioned because you are using grub-btrfs instead of regular grub.
The message can be ignored … or you can replace grub-btrfs with grub.

After reading this post Pantalla negra despues de actualizar - #13 by cfinnberg I tried adding the nvidia drivers for the new version of the kernel and now it works :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.