I am not new to Linux but I am new to Manjaro. I am trying to install the gnome-Version of Manjaro on my Laptop, but so far I did not succeed and I don’t really know, how to look for an answer. I would really appreciate anyone pointing to the right directions.
I will list pheomenons and problems as bullet points as I do not know, if and how some of therse points are releated.
The biggest problem is, that the system freezes completely after booting. I can enter my credentials and the desktop starts fine but then everything freezes. It happens right after, so I can not read logs or something.
- before everything: Windows was installed as the sole OS and worked fine. So I don’t think it is a hardware issue.
- booting the live-System from USB works fine too (!), as long as Windows is installed on harddrive.
- weird: after installing Manjaro on the harddisk, booting from Live-USB also fails to load (!!)
- I chose the partition table recommended by the wizard, 300M (I think for efi, the remaining space ext4 for /
- when the system freezes, there are colored dots on the upper edge of the screen.
I have absoluteley no idea, where and how to look for a solution. I am very thankful, if anyone can help me get Manjaro running. I bought this Laptop specifically to get back into Linux and to have a system dedicated to this OS